If you have a heating and gas pipe in the kitchen or in any other room that does not fit into the design of the space, you can easily decorate it with improvised means. Today there are a large number of ways to mask the heating pipe without disturbing the heating process. In order to complete the decoration of the pipes, you need to be creative. In the process of decorating it is useful to familiarize yourself with the following recommendations:
- It is not recommended to hide irreversible communications in the house or in the apartment. The fact is that threaded connections can fail, leak. In order to restore their performance, you must have easy access to them.
- Risers and liners are directly involved in space heating. If you use a decorative box, then the room may become a little colder.
- Decorative housings and ducts should be easily removed when used. It is better to use gratings that have large cells.
Popular ways to decorate pipes
The decor of the heating pipes is based on the use of two popular methods. The first method involves the decoration of the design with the use of various decorative tools. The second method assumes that the pipe should be hidden from a person’s eyes. Consider the most popular today decoration methods:
- Coloring. This option is the most simple and therefore popular. To implement it, you need to choose the color of the pipe, remove the old paint and apply a new coating on the surface. What paint to choose? Alkyd paints are perfect for heating pipes. In this case, for staining you do not need to carry out priming. It is enough to remove dust and dirt from surfaces.
- The use of decorative coatings. The pipe can be wrapped with jute or hemp rope. This option has a drawback: there is thermal insulation of the riser. You can also use a bamboo trunk for decoration. Only it should be split along and glued parallel to the vertical pipe.
- Use rings on the floor and ceiling. Such rings will not impede the repair work.
- A box of drywall for masking. Plasterboard should be sheathed frame made of galvanized profile. In the future, it can be painted or pasted wallpaper.
- Installation of false walls. This method is combined with wall insulation. On the base wall will need to collect crates. Between its profiles is fixed insulation. After construction should be sheathed with plasterboard or any other material.
- Use cornices or portieres. This option is simple and secure. The eaves must be installed in the entire width of the wall located near the window. The wall is draped using thick curtains from one corner to another.
Interesting design solutions for the decoration of pipes
If you decide on your own to decorate the pipes, you will first need to familiarize yourself with a wide range of design solutions. Coloring is the most popular method. You can not just paint the sanitary element in the desired color, but also draw on it absolutely any drawing. Tree branches will look very impressive. This decor is under the force of any person. Art education is optional.
Try to decorate the pipe by using a variety of toys in the form of animals, insects, made by yourself or purchased in the store. The pipe itself can be painted in the color of the tree trunk.
Decorated in decoupage technique looks elegant and original. This technique for fabric or furniture involves cutting out a variety of images. Pictures of fabric, paper or leather are applied to the surface of the pipe. This design will help to give the room design a bright and unusual accent.
Before decorating, the batteries are processed. They are cleaned and treated with sandpaper. Then the battery is covered with enamel paint. It is necessary to measure the length and width of the pipe. After that, you can start cutting out various images.
Gluing the fragments is best done on the basis of the use of PVA glue. If the image is securely fixed, then it can be varnished on top. Figure can be a variety of subjects. The main thing is that it fits well into the design of the room. By the way, you can attract children to decorate the pipe. The decor will be bright, original and cozy.
If you need to hide and decorate communications in the kitchen, then this is easy to do with the help of a furniture set. So horizontal risers can be easily hidden behind the kitchen cupboard.
You can also decorate any heating pipe in the bathroom easily and quickly enough. This can be done using the methods described above or any other. Before starting work, it is recommended to clarify the information on what material the pipe is made of: stainless metal, plastic, etc. Most modern materials do not need staining. If the pipe is made of ferrous metal, then it must be cleaned from old material before painting.