The arch into the kitchen is an interesting element of decor that can decorate any room. Arched openings not only look attractive, but also allow you to visually increase the area of housing. They also beautifully zone the space. Why do some people think that installing arches instead of doors is the ideal solution when renovating a kitchen, while others will never agree to such changes?
The advantages of kitchen arches
The advantages of the arch between the kitchen and living room include:
- Visual increase in space. A small room visually seems more than exactly the same, but with a door. This is due to the erasing of the boundary between the kitchen and the hall.
- Kitchens with an arch look original. You won't surprise anyone with a banal interior with doors, but with the help of an arch you can quickly and inexpensively add exclusivity to an apartment. The design will emphasize the refined taste of the owners of the house.
- Arched structures allow you to move freely and quickly, no need to close and open the door.
- Increased visibility, so that, for example, mothers will be able to observe what their child is doing, without departing from the stove.
- Saving. The arch between the kitchen and the living room will be cheaper than purchasing doors and furniture.
- An opportunity to show your imagination, to realize any ideas, creating a cozy atmosphere. A variety of forms of arches allows you to use them in the interiors of any style.
The negative moments that owners of arches of the house can face:
- The smell of cooked food. Many do not rush to get rid of the door in the kitchen, fearing that the aroma of cooking products will spread throughout the house. This minus is easy enough to fix: you need to install a powerful hood.
- The spread of noise. The hostess will no longer be able to cook while the household is resting, because the sounds of booming dishes will also be heard outside the kitchen. Sittings with guests in this room, most likely, will also prevent relatives from going about their business or sleeping.
- Owners of one-room apartments will lose the opportunity to use the kitchen space as an office for work, where you can work in silence, without being distracted by the conversations of other family members.
- The kitchen is always in sight. In order not to be embarrassed during the unexpected arrival of friends because of dirty dishes, it will be necessary to constantly keep the kitchen clean.
Types of arches in the form of the vault
Consider the most current types of arches.
The most common option, which is also called the Roman. This is due to the fact that during the construction the Romans began to make vaults of a semicircular shape instead of a door. The design of arches from gypsum cardboard of such form approaches any interior. Especially good designs of the correct semicircular shape look in rooms with high ceilings. The arch between the kitchen and the hallway in modern apartments with a small doorway is often performed in the classical form, since this type of construction is suitable for narrow spaces.
Arched doorway instead of the door in the modern style - a "hybrid" between the classic version and the portal. Strict straight walls are combined with a rounded arch arch. This option is ideal for low ceilings and large spaces. For the modern kitchen is suitable if you connect it to the dining room or living room.
Interest in the life of the inhabitants of the east resulted in the use of special arched structures. This form is notable for its complexity, numerous sharp corners and convex surfaces. Used exclusively to create interiors in the Mediterranean style.
Simple to implement form. The owners prefer kitchen design with an arch-shaped ellipse, because it is universal and has a sophisticated look. This option is suitable for different styles of interior, it does not reduce the useful space, because of what is often used to separate the kitchen. Often combined with columns.
Materials for the manufacture of arches
Tell you about the common materials for the manufacture of arches.
The cheapest option. However, despite the cheapness and ease of fixing products, the plastic is not so many fans. This is due to the fact that PVC is usually on sale ready-made designs. They are all standard shape and size, which makes it impossible to create. In addition, this material is not very suitable for creating a cozy atmosphere. Although if you set out to make something modern and non-standard, then with a successful choice of color, the result will be very acceptable. It also goes well with built-in lighting.
From the drywall in the kitchen, you can make the design as a non-standard format, and the classical form. GKL need to be fixed on a metal frame, which previously gave the desired shape. Then the surface is plastered and painted. Thus, the arches of plasterboard into the kitchen can acquire not only the necessary shape, but also the shade of color. Instead of paint, the surface can be decorated with wallpaper.
Wood is a natural material with a pleasant aroma, which is often used to make kitchen arches. On sale there is a large selection of finished wooden arches, but it is not difficult to create a structure yourself.
The advantage of wood for arch finishing is that it does not need additional decoration. It is enough to treat the product with varnish.
A tree is often finished with drywall constructions, because it is quite expensive to make an arch completely out of wood. The disadvantages include scratch sensitivity.
The drywall arches need decor. Finishing work is to start with putty. After the surface has thus been leveled, you can choose how to decorate the arch in the kitchen. This can be done in several ways:
- stick it with the same wallpaper, which is pasted over the walls (or choose a contrasting color and pattern);
- to paint;
- to finish with an artificial or natural stone;
- lay the tiles;
- using glass inserts to make a stained glass window;
- lay out mosaic patterns;
- revet with a brick;
- apply decorative plaster;
- use curtains.