One of the ways to create a New Year's atmosphere in the house can be the process of making a snowman out of paper with your own hands, in which even the smallest family members can take part. It does not require a large amount of consumables. All that is needed in order for these positive paper crafts to be settled in the house during the holiday is a great desire, excellent mood, the most basic experience of handling scissors, glue and plain white or corrugated white paper.
A variety of forms of paper snowmen
By decorating a house for the New Year's holiday, you can make snowmen out of the usual white paper or corrugations, which will differ in size, decoration methods, manufacturing techniques and form:
- Flat figures, which are cut out of paper, decorated with sequins, tinsel, beads, beads, or painted with luminous paints. Most often they are used as applications and decorations of doors, walls, windows and mirrors in the house;
- Bulk snowmen, for adding volume which use various fillers (cotton wool or synthetic winterizer) or strips of corrugated paper;
- Snowmen, made in the technique of origami, by folding white paper sheet or gluing several paper fragments in a special way, which allows you to get interesting volume, filled with air figures;
- Openwork slotted snowman, in the process of making which cutting snowmen out of paper is made according to a special scheme, will be an elegant decoration of a New Year tree, a festive table, a children's room or a mantelpiece.
The variety of decorating parts that make each paper snowman unique is limited only by the imagination of those who make it. You can use as decorative materials for decoration:
- multi-colored beads, beads, sparkles, buttons;
- shiny or fluorescent paper;
- watercolor paints, gouache, felt-tip pens;
- different in structure and color materials, fabrics, pieces of faux fur;
- braid, satin or nylon ribbons, fluffy yarn, Christmas tinsel and rain.
A large number of master classes, step-by-step instructions with photographs that can be found on the World Wide Web, will tell you how to make a snowman with your own hands and get an exclusive Christmas decoration for your home.
Even a person who does not have any special experience in needlework and handicraft production will have no difficulty in creating a paper snowman, which will become a unique New Year's design element of a house or apartment. Recommendations on how to make a bulky corrugated paper snowman with a sweet gift hidden inside will be a good find for the holiday. To work will require:
- crepe paper of golden and white color;
- round chocolate candy and candy "Chupa - Chups";
- color ribbon and red satin ribbon;
- three beads of gold and two blue;
- a piece of wire.
The process of making a volumetric and at the same time delicious snowman is simple and does not take much time:
- a strip of white corrugated paper measuring 15 by 17 centimeters is being made;
- stretching the corrugation, in one of the edges is wrapped "chupa - chups" (in two turns) so that it turned out the round lower part of the figure of a snowman;
- the long sides of the paper strip are glued together;
- on the other end of the resulting paper cylinder, a round chocolate candy is placed, which will become the snowman’s “head” and the edges of the paper that remain on the “top” are carefully glued together;
- the bottom edge of the figure is cut off, sealed with a circle of corrugated white paper;
- wire turns white corrugation;
- mittens and a cone for the cap of the future snowman are cut out of golden paper;
- gloves are attached to the wire, and the wire is wrapped around the neck of the craft and decorated with a red ribbon scarf;
- the torso of a snowy character can be decorated with buttons made of golden beads;
- we put a golden cap on our head, blue beads will serve as eyes, a cardboard blank of the nose is pasted over with a red tape, the laughing mouth is also cut out of red tape, and all elements are attached with pva glue.
Another positive Christmas decoration can be a flat snowman made from children's palms. For this you need:
- on a sheet of white A4 paper, circle and then cut along the contour of the image of children's hands (the number of paper palms depends on the size of the snowman, which is planned to produce);
- prepare three circles of cardboard, of various diameters and glue together so that the contour of the snowman is obtained;
- glue the palms on the cardboard blank, keeping the direction from the center to the edges of the circle;
- a hat and scarf can be made from colored matter or velvet paper;
- buttons of the New Year's character can be multicolored snowflakes of shiny paper or fluffy cotton balls, which can be glued with glue or a special gun;
- nose roll of red or orange paper, glue with glue.
What can decorate paper snowmen?
Paper snowmen made in different techniques will bring the magical atmosphere of a New Year holiday to any home premises. Such children's crafts made with love will become a unique touch in the festive decoration of the house:
- flat paper snowmen will be able to decorate the doors, windows, walls of the children's room and will create a New Year mood in the nursery throughout the holidays;
- slit snowmen of various sizes, can be used to create a New Year's composition on the kitchen window sill or mantelpiece;
- a large snowman made of corrugated paper will make a worthy company of an elegant New Year tree in the living room, will charge with its optimism all family members and guests of the house;
- will cause a storm of delight among the youngest family members and their friends;
- snegovichki of corrugated paper with a surprise inside, mounted on a thread or ribbon in the form of a garland that can be hung on a Christmas tree or above the door to the children's room, such decoration will cause a storm of delight among the youngest family members and their friends;
- small voluminous openwork snowmen, cut out of paper, will be able to decorate the festive New Year's table and create a festive atmosphere during the feast;
- Appliqués from cut out paper snowmen on windows and mirrors will be a charming New Year's touch in any room of the house
- a small garland of small-sized hanging or cropping snowmen can be a spectacular decoration of a chandelier in the living room or a festive curtain for a kitchen window.