Oak - the real giant of the furniture industry. Oak furniture products are notable for their great durability and excellent decorative properties, they are a classic style that is not subject to time or fashion, oak furniture will always be highly valued.
The advantages of oak furniture
Oak furniture products are distinguished by a large number of advantages due to which they win rivalry with other tree species. Benefits include:
- Durability and longevity. In many literary works, oak is an allegory of eternity or longevity, and this is true. Oak is a long-lived tree, and as a material it is very durable. Strength and durability are explained by the fact that the core of the oak undergoes self-preservation during ripening, as a result of which oak wood has a high resistance to stress, moisture and any other damage. And thanks to the current woodworking technology, the quality is increased several times;
- High moisture resistance. Many tree species are characterized by an increased tendency to absorb moisture, which is why the furniture quickly becomes unusable. Oak, on the contrary, has a high resistance to moisture absorption. Due to this property, oak furniture is often used as outdoor furniture, with high-quality external processing it can last a very long time;
- Exquisite look. Oak furniture gives any room a refined aristocratic look, thanks to the beautiful design. Colors of oak furniture can be very much.
The most popular type of oak furniture is a table, both written and dining.
When buying a kitchen table, you should not save money, since such a furniture product can serve as a place for receiving and preparing food for several generations. Tables for the kitchen are made of various shapes: square, rectangular, round and oval.
Oak tables can be carved, usually such furniture is made by hand and is expensive.
Oak writing desk can also be carved, however, as for the shape, usually writing desks are made of a rectangular shape.
A desk made of oak solid is perfect for a personal account.
When choosing a table, it is necessary to pay attention to the color of the furniture product, if light tones predominate in the room, then it is better to purchase light brown oak, while dark ones are the opposite. It is also important to study the design of the table so that it is not flimsy and shaky, that all the fasteners used are made of high-quality steel and firmly hold the shape.
How to take care of oak table?
Oak table requires the necessary care, if you follow a few simple rules, a furniture product can last for a very long time.
- It is best to have oak tables away from heat and sunlight, that is, away from batteries and windows. By following this rule, you can save the surface of the table from cracking, as well as the original color can stay on the table longer.
- At least once a month, the surface should be treated with special protective oil, so you can maintain the quality and shine of the table.
- Do not place hot objects on the table, for example, cups, plates and so on. You can put a special stand under them.
- If a liquid was accidentally spilled, it is necessary to wipe it dry immediately so that stains do not form on the surface of the table.