Bathroom - one of the most necessary and most important places in the house. The main feature is the high humidity of this room. Therefore, it is necessary to choose for finishing the bathroom those materials that are not afraid of moisture and moisture, can not be mildew and fungus. This material is a decorative stone. In the article we will consider what features the bath of artificial stone has, find out the features of the bathroom finishing with decorative stone tiles.
Consider the advantages of stone cladding for bathroom design.
Decorative stone - natural or imitation - is characterized by high strength and durability. He is not afraid of mechanical damage, he is not afraid of high humidity. These advantages make decorative artificial and natural stone one of the most desirable materials for finishing the bathroom. And suitable furniture and accessories should only complement the stone finish.
- Decorative natural stone gives the room nobility, looks elegant, rich. Such bathroom cladding more eloquently than any words will demonstrate the solid financial position of its owner.
- The material will protect the walls from the appearance of harmful fungus and mold on them. Such "vegetation" looks bad in the interior, can ruin any design. But it does not threaten the stone.
- Different types of stone finishes give the room a neat, stylish look.
- A modern selection of decorative stone will allow you to choose the right products for the design of the bathroom in any design.
- The tile from a decorative stone is not afraid of wet splashes and damp, mechanical loads are not terrible to it. Such a veneer, even if it is an imitation of natural stone, is truly an “eternal” material.
- The stone does not cause allergies, non-toxic, does not create a radioactive background. This particularly applies to the finishing of artificial tiles.
- If a natural decorative stone is rather complicated in processing, then artificial products are easy to install, do not create dust, even the owner himself can lay such material on the floor and on the walls.
- It is possible to manufacture a stone bath, countertops or sinks to order. You can choose the interior for decorating the bathroom in any style and taste, combining suitable furniture and accessories with decorative stone.
- The material has an antibacterial effect. The tile from a cast stone does not demand difficult leaving.
- Decorative stone - durable and hardy material. If you want to equip the bathroom walls with various shelves, cabinets and racks for storing bath accessories, then do not worry - granite, marble or artificial stone walls can withstand any furniture and accessories.
- Using the decoration of decorative cast stone, you can make a work of art from the bathroom. It is possible to create real masterpieces - drawings, ornaments, patterns. Of course, such a design will not do without the help of a specialist. But the result will be great, especially if you select the appropriate accessories and furniture.
- Facing the combination of stones of different textures and patterns can make the result of the design is very original and interesting. So, on the floor can be an imitation of granite or marble in combination with beautiful tiles.
Along with the advantages it is necessary to identify the disadvantages of this finishing material.
Decorative finishing stone, like tile, especially if they are of a dark shade, is not suitable for finishing a small bathroom. As the visual impression will be formed, that you were immured in a close fortress wall. But the stone can be used in a small room as not the main, but additional material to shade the beauty of other decor. For example, you can lay out a stone tile ornament on the floor or choose the appropriate accessories.
As a natural material most commonly used species such as granite, marble, quartzite, sandstone. And even a semi-precious natural semi-precious stone - onyx, malachite, jasper, etc. But this, of course, is not the cheapest pleasure. To decorate a fully natural material bathroom will be quite expensive, imitation will be cheaper. But the beauty of natural products can be used to give the room more chic and luxury, using it as an additional material along with tile or tile. For example, a corner or straight tub of artificial stone, trimmed with onyx or mother of pearl, will look magical.
In the interior of the bathroom, you can use almost any type of finishing stone materials. Among them, the most preferred products such as:
- Chipped stone with rough, sometimes - quite sharp edges. This material looks very decorative in the interior, but for its styling you will need the help of a specialist.
- Sawed stone. This material has even, smooth sections, so working with them is much more pleasant and easier than with a crushed decorative stone. However, the interior will be less original, although no doubt noble and attractive.
- Natural stone. This tile is made from natural material of various rocks. The design with its help turns out really luxurious.
- Imitation. The most common option. The modern development of science and applied technologies has gone so far ahead that it is often impossible to distinguish simulated granite from the present in the design of premises.
Consider useful tips that will help you properly arrange a bath of natural stone.
Having chosen a stone as the main finishing material for a bathroom, do not forget that these products add darkness and shade the room. Therefore, it is necessary to carefully design the lighting design. If you hang only one ceiling lamp, you will get a realistic feeling of being in a “stone bag”. It is better to use multi-level lighting, which will help to highlight the darkest corners of the bathroom. This could be a central ceiling lamp, combined with a sconce over the sink. Add to this duet spotlights mounted in the ceiling. Lamps can even be in the floor - but only in those places where splashes from the bath or shower will not fall.
Consider what care you need to provide a bathroom with a coating of cast decorative stone.
- Do not clean the surface with abrasives - powders, etc. It is best to use gels, creams and other soft substances that will not damage furniture, accessories, floor and walls, will not leave scratches.
- Hard sponges and metal brushes for cleaning cast stone are also not suitable.
- No need to cut anything on the surface of the coating.
- The material is sensitive to sudden temperature changes.