Stretch ceilings - known in our time way to finish the ceiling. It is easy to install and also to hide surface irregularities. There is a misconception that, apart from point lamps and ribbons, nothing can be mounted on the ceilings of this type. Therefore, most people are interested in, which chandeliers are suitable for suspended ceilings, and how they are attached to the base?
Requirements when choosing a chandelier for a stretch ceiling
Stretch ceiling - a fabric that is very sensitive to heat. Therefore, at elevated temperatures, it can deform or change its hue, turn yellow, and turn black. To avoid this, it is important to choose the right lighting. This will help the following selection rules:
- Chandeliers should be located at a certain distance from the ceiling, so that it does not heat up. If the temperature of the lamps is less than 60 ° C, then the canvas will not be damaged.
- Power supplies, through which halogen and LED lamps are connected, should not be placed between a regular ceiling and a tensioner. If you do not fulfill this requirement, they will quickly break due to overheating. The best option would be to place them in a ventilation niche, and above the ceiling itself, fix the wires that go to them.
- Fixtures and chandeliers for suspended ceilings are installed in different ways. To do this, select them in advance, before the ceiling is fixed, so that workers can know where to make the cut for them and prepare the basis for fixing.
- Stretch ceiling, having a glossy surface, can reflect up to 80% of the light, so it is not recommended to buy for lighting chandeliers with open lamps. It is better to choose lamps with shades, so that they scatter the light, and not reflected on the canvas.
What kind of chandelier to choose in the hall, living room or bedroom? It all depends on the size of the room and its design. If it is small, then one chandelier, which will hang in the center, is quite enough. If the room is large, then you can fix 2 chandeliers, symmetrically from one another.
Chandeliers are also divided into 2 types: vertical and horizontal.
If the room ceiling is low, up to 3 m, it is better to install horizontal types of chandeliers, if more than 3 m - vertical, up to 1 m in size. Under the fulfilled conditions, the lighting in the rooms will be maximum.
The price of chandeliers for this type of ceiling depends on the size, design, shape and materials from which they are made. A common choice is considered a chandelier with a canopy or horns. Please note that the horns should be lowered down or look to the side so as not to heat the ceiling.
As a rule, the choice of chandelier depends on the preferences of the owner and the effect he wants to get. For example, the standard look of a chandelier looks great on a matte canvas, while on a glossy one it causes discomfort. But the horizontal chandeliers with lots of horns look great on a glossy and frosted ceiling. A crystal chandelier will be suitable for a large hall or living room, and a flat square one for the bedroom.
Selection of lamps for chandeliers
For chandeliers that will hang on a suspended ceiling, you can use, basically, all types of lamps, but with some restrictions, namely:
- Incandescent lamps. This is the most inappropriate option for a stretch ceiling. These lamps have very low efficiency and high heat transfer. And power has a border of 60 watts. In this situation, the lamp should be at a distance of 25 cm from the ceiling. But in modern rooms this is hard to achieve.
- Halogen lamps. They have greater efficiency than incandescent bulbs, and heat more. The only plus is their close to natural light.
- Energy-saving lamps. They barely heat, so you can mount close to the ceiling, have a high efficiency. But there is a minus - they consist of mercury and require a neat attitude. It is also not advisable to use them in a room with high humidity.
- LED bulbs. This view is best suited for suspended ceilings. The main plus is high efficiency and low heat dissipation, convenient size.
On the stretch ceiling is allowed to combine chandeliers and spot built-in lamps. The main thing that the chandelier fit the design of the room.
Types of chandelier installations
Before you install the chandelier on the stretch ceiling, you need to make fixtures for the chandelier on a regular ceiling before installing the stretch. The type of fastener depends on the type of chandelier and the method of its fastening. The installation of the chandelier on the stretch ceiling is carried out in three ways:
- on the ceiling hook;
- on the cross plate;
- on the mounting bar.
Installation of the chandelier on the hook
This type is considered the most simple and reliable - hang the chandelier on the hook. Well, if in modern buildings such a hook builders brought. If not, then you need to drive a hook into the ceiling using an anchor or dowel. It is important to correctly determine its height, the hook should not extend beyond the lower edge of the stretch ceiling. To do this, you must use the fishing line, pulling it on the level.
After the stretch ceiling is ready, there is a hook on it to the touch. A plastic ring is fixed on it under the glue. When the glue dries, a cut is carefully made inside the ring. Through the cut hole gets the electric wire, and the chandelier is put on the hook.
Before you hang a chandelier on a stretch ceiling, it is advisable to remove all the light bulbs and ceiling lamps. The chandelier will be lighter in weight and quicker to attach.
How to hang a chandelier on the bar?
Mounting plate is included in the instrument. It has special studs for mounting or threaded holes and clips. A chandelier of small size is hung on such a bar. The sequence of work is as follows:
- On the usual ceiling fix the base - a bar made of wood. It is very important that the bottom of the bar is on a par with the surface of the stretch ceiling, a difference of 1 mm is allowed. The bar is fixed to the ceiling with screws. A hole is made in it through which electrical wires are pulled.
- After the ceiling has been pulled, there is a bar to the touch and a place is marked for the output of wires.
- A heat-resistant ring is attached to the tensioning cloth, and pieces of plastic are glued to the places where the plank will be attached. This is necessary so that the ceiling film does not break.
- The cloth is cut, wires are deduced.
- Before installation the bar is cleaned from burrs.
- The bar is fastened to the bar with screws, clearly to the places where the plastic pieces were glued.
- Wires are connected, work is checked.
- The base of the chandelier is attached to the mounting plate.