Countertops for the bathroom - this is a completely new fashion trend, dictated by functionality and convenience. At the disposal of the owner instead of a small washstand, next to which the washing machine is located, there is a full-fledged "rack" where you can store personal hygiene products. Today, these countertops are made in various designs: natural and artificial materials, interesting shapes, various shelves, types, niches and pedestals of the original design.
The choice of countertops for the bathroom depends on the characteristics of the room - the overall style and size. Here, unlike the kitchen, there will be no hot pots or pans, therefore the requirements for durability and strength are slightly lower. Of course, it is better not to forget about the moisture resistance of the product.
This material is no less in demand today than countertops made of artificial stone, marble and granite. Such products from special plastic have a wide color range, but the pattern on their surface is almost not noticeable. Acrylic plastic countertop for the bathroom is in perfect harmony with various interiors, resistant to bacteria, water and stains. In addition, it is worth highlighting:
- compatibility with other items of decor, regardless of lighting and color;
- the ability to mask small plastic damage by grinding.
To the note: today there is also an acrylic countertop for the bathroom with the presence of a built-in apron and sink.
It would seem that concrete is a building material. But, nevertheless, it is often used in interior design (concrete easily repeats a given shape, and its height can be any). Concrete cast countertops are:
- organic material that can imitate natural stone;
- a wide selection of textures and colors, original design;
- durability and environmental safety.
But, despite all the advantages, concrete has a number of disadvantages:
- visible seam lines that require masking with color filler;
- the need for regular polishing and waxing;
- Mortise sink provides self-assembly.
Mosaic tabletop is a great choice for those who prefer to do everything with their own hands. This material, which, as a rule, is made of glass or ceramics, is durable and reliable. And with a rich imagination you can make a real masterpiece at all - a tabletop made of plasterboard in the bathroom, decorated with a mosaic of unusual shape and original design. The cost of this experiment will be minimal.
The only "weak point" of such countertops is that the mosaic has a very low-quality base and seams (usually made of drywall). But do not be afraid of the low moisture resistance of gypsum - this can be fixed with the help of special protective agents, simply by treating the suspended surfaces of the table top with them.
Ceramic tile is a simple, but at the same time very beautiful finishing material, which is widely used by designers for interior design. Stone countertop with the presence of decorative tiles looks original and sophisticated.
- glazed tiles resistant to scratches, moisture, stains and high temperatures;
- affordable price;
- in the case of deformation, parts of the tile can be replaced;
- custom manufacturing and self-installation is possible - more accurate width and desired design.
There is only one drawback to the tile - mold and dirt often accumulate in the seams, which is difficult to get rid of.
So, with the materials for the manufacture of countertops for the bathroom everything is clear. But there are also features of choice related to the functionality, design and configuration of these products.
The convenience of the tabletop determines not its appearance, but the shape and quality of the base on which it is installed. This is where the functionality lies. There are floor and wall models (large and small version). The difference between them is only in the method of installation. Although some furniture provides easier maintenance of the bathroom floor (wall product).
And now we will consider in more detail each of the above options.
- Outdoor worktop - simple and comfortable furniture. All that is needed in this case is to set it in place and adjust the level with the help of the legs. Then connect the sink and washing machine to the sewer system and plumbing. This cabinet has a spaciousness: under the tabletop you can place a large amount of hygiene products needed in the bathroom. In addition, there are models with additional drawers and shelves for storing clothes.
- Not only inferior to their floor "fellow" and wall mortise table top. The only difference is in its spaciousness and installation - the furniture is attached to the wall with anchors. And, of course, the height of this countertop is considered more comfortable.
- Decorative bathroom countertops may also not have a large closet or cabinet from below. These are separate types of products that are produced in several variations: wall and floor. The first, for example, have long legs. As for the floor models, their installation involves the use of special brackets. Also, the table tops of this plan, or rather the sink for them, should have chrome siphons. Their cost, by the way, is several times higher than that of plastic counterparts.
Choose a countertop for the bathroom is not difficult. The main thing is to determine its material, appearance and dimensions. And it is better to order furniture according to an individual project. Then it is guaranteed to fit the overall interior of the bathroom.