A bed with drawers is an ergonomic and stylish way out for apartments that cannot boast a large area - and this is almost 80% of the total housing available in our country. Therefore, in the article we will consider the features of beds equipped with a linen box, what they are, the pros and cons of different models and how to choose the optimal model of such a bed for your apartment.
What features characterize the standard bed model with drawers:
- This bed serves as an additional compartment for storing things and linen, as well as a convenient resting place, performing all the functions of an ordinary bed. In addition, the bed with drawers is quite decorative, and its appearance can serve as a decoration for the bedroom. Made of solid wood, it can be equipped with a carved back and elegant draw-out drawers, it can be either single and a half, and a full double.
- As we have already figured out, a bed with drawers can be either single or double. This allows you to choose a model individually for your needs.
- The boxes can also vary - be both large and small. Large wooden boxes significantly increase the height of the bed - sometimes you can climb on such a bed only with the help of a bench, even if it is just a one-and-a-half bed with a linen box. This is the so-called bed podium with drawers. But on the other hand, they have such a capacity, which makes it possible to store in them practically all the linen and textiles intended for the bedroom. This allows you to exclude from the decor of the room dresser, which saves space.
- The boxes can also be equipped with built-in rows of wheels, which allows them to roll out from under the side of the bed or open with the help of guides that raise the bed to the required height. What design is more convenient - everyone chooses for himself, mostly it depends on the size of the bedroom. In a small space it will be more convenient to lift the mattress up than to roll out drawers from under the bed. But vykatnye boxes more convenient in that they do not depend on the bed and can be used by themselves, as additional pieces of furniture. They are perfect if you have a decent sized bedroom and you don’t plan to move the bulky bed back from the array from place to place often.
- Both a double and a single bed with drawers for clothes and linen are a great way to decorate the interior of the bedroom, making it more modern and thoughtful. In addition, it saves space in the room - you have more space to live, and children - for games and other activities.
What features of beds with drawers allow them to be used as a convenient piece of furniture in a child’s or teenager’s room:
- A wooden single bed with roll-out side drawers allows you to store not only bed linen, but also baby’s toys, seasonal clothing, and many other things that are not currently required.
- If the bed with drawers is bunk, then in this case the first tier can be fully equipped with a full-fledged large workplace for the child. Now ready-made such headsets are on sale, where the top floor is a sleeping place, and the bottom floor is a working one. Very comfortable and saves space.
- The bed with storage boxes can be arranged in accordance with the child's age and preferences: a teenage girl will be served with a princess queen-size bed with a linen compartment in a pink or white version, and the boy can make a bed in a nautical style, decorating the headboard with pirate symbols and other attributes on the subject. Any design options are possible - a bed with drawers for linen - one, two or three - always fits perfectly into any interior.
- Rolled out wooden classic drawers on wheels are convenient because getting to things, even if they are located where the headboard is located, is very simple and the process does not depend on whether someone is currently on the bed or not. The bed can be equipped with one or three or four or more drawers.
Consider some points that are important to pay attention to when choosing:
- It is necessary to carefully select the material from which the bed is made. The most preferable classical model is wooden. This material is versatile, environmentally friendly, beautiful and suitable for almost any bedroom. It is best to choose furniture from the array.
- Now you can find metal models of beds with wrought iron backs. They also have boxes, which in any case will be made of wood - after all, it would not occur to anyone to purchase heavy metal boxes, more similar in weight to the chests.
- Pay particular attention to how secure the bed is, especially if the model's mechanism is lifting. This is important, as in the case of poor-quality execution of the structure it will be difficult to use the boxes.
- Choose a quality mattress. Indeed, in the first place, both single and double beds with drawers should be a complete place to sleep. You should not save by choosing a cheap, but not quite suitable model. Sleep is a necessary guarantee of our full-fledged life, so you need to choose the highest quality and individually suitable mattress option.
- As for the tree, the optimum species is pine and birch. Wooden classic models and inexpensive, and look good, and environmentally friendly. In addition, such natural materials from the array will fill the bedroom air with positive energy, which will certainly affect the quality of sleep and, accordingly, on well-being. And at the same time they will serve as a convenient place to store things.
- There are models, even single, with huge storage boxes - almost the entire length and width of the bed. In such capacious tanks many things will fit at the bottom - everything you need to hide from prying eyes. This design eliminates the need to install a dresser in the bedroom and makes it possible to get along with a smaller wardrobe. However, for a small bedroom, such sizes will not work, since there will be difficulties in pulling them out from under the bed - they simply may not have enough free space. Consider this issue when buying.
- If an expensive parquet made of solid wood or laminate is installed in the bedroom, it is better to choose models with a lifting mechanism. In this case, you will not spoil the expensive flooring by constantly pulling out the laundry drawers on the wheels. As you know, the wheels, even if rubber and soft, will still eventually scratch the coating or leave other marks on it.
- Sometimes you can see beds with drawers on sale, even with plastic or glass backs, the headboard can also be made of the same material. Such exotic options are still quite rare, however, they can ideally fit ultra-modern interiors. But if the bedroom is in traditional style, then, of course, it is better to stay on the good old tree, from which both the headboard and the frame are made.
- For a smaller bedroom, a model with two or three guides is better suited, since additional space is required to roll out drawers for things on wheels. Single models, which traditionally have a headboard made of solid wood and with wooden backs, are perfect here.
- In the case of a design with guides, please note that the boxes located below are integral with the bed and are not separated from each other. This may complicate transporting the bed. Another minus model with guides on the sides - there is no constant access to things - you have to lower / raise the top of the bed, which is not always convenient.
- When buying a model with guides, pay special attention to the reliability of the mechanism for fixing the lifting panel. On this depends the ease of control mechanism. Also eliminate the risk of injury if the mechanism suddenly breaks. In the event of a breakdown and failure of this mechanism, the head of the bed together with the back may fall, the raised panel may fall.
- If you need a lot of storage space, you can choose a bed with drawers, where these same boxes are located one above the other. This doubles the usable area, but the height of the structure along with the back is also about the same. It turns out the design height more reminiscent of the podium.
- You should not choose cheap single models with backs and drawers made of chipboard. Such structures are usually short-lived and not very high quality. It is better to spend money on a model of solid wood. But in the process of operation, you will avoid a lot of unpleasant problems, various failures, which are almost guaranteed to arise in the first case.
- The bed drawer with a lifting mechanism is usually solid. Therefore, it will be more convenient to purchase or make special delineators for it, which will allow to zone the space, and then conveniently place various things in the boxes.
- It is better to choose a lifting mechanism based on gas shock absorbers. In this case, the lifting will be very easy with two or three shock absorbers, and the fixation will be reliable. This design will cost more, but the costs are recouped by ease of use. The spring mechanism, of course, is cheaper, but the lifting structure in this case wears out faster and it takes more effort to lift the bed - the heaviest models from an array with a broken spring mechanism are sometimes lifted only by two or three adult men.