Each house has its own decor items, but at the same time any property owner wants to see his apartment cozy, full of beautiful things and pleasing to the eye. Such a decoration of the living space as decorative tableware can play a significant role for this. Properly chosen, it will look great in the living room, indispensable for the kitchen, and is able to decorate even a bedroom with a bathroom. Therefore, in the article we will consider the features of decorative tableware as a way to decorate the interior of a house.
All dishes can be divided into 4 large types:
- Serving. As the name implies, it is used for serving. It is not prepared, used only to decorate the table, and to eat from it. It is used in the living room and dining room.
- Kitchen. Cookware with a purely functional purpose. These are all kinds of pots, pans, etc. It cooks food, which is then transferred to serving utensils and served to the table in the living room or the hall. Required only for the kitchen.
- For storage. Designed for supplies: cereals, seasonings and other products. It can also be a decorative ornament. Often on sale you can see the entire storage sets, allowing to arrange the kitchen in the same style. As a rule, in such sets all items are already in the same style, with a single external coating.
- Fake. Dishes having a purely decorative purpose. There is no practical benefit from it. This, for example, wall plates, various avant-garde curved colored bottles on the shelves, etc.
Decorative dishes can be of all listed types, except kitchen. Of course, a frying pan or pan can also be used as an interior decoration, but for this you will have to think very well, have undoubted talent and a certain courage. In addition, intensive use for its intended purpose, for cooking - it is difficult to combine with a decorative appearance.
What interior items we can rightfully rank as decorative tableware:
- Wall plates. Everyone has seen such interior decorations that adorn the walls in some houses, and even in restaurants. It looks especially beautiful when there are several of them on one wall. Such a plate may be glass, and ceramic, and with a special coating that mimics these and other materials.
- Pitchers and vases. You can not only admire such dishes, but also use them for their intended purpose - for example, to keep cut flowers in a vase. But there are also such decorative vases for the home, for example, large Chinese floor vases in which real flowers are never placed, but only used for artificial compositions or simply kept empty. Such a vase is an ornament in itself, especially if it is old and antique.
- Bottles, glasses, glasses, wine glasses. This decorative tableware can be an interior item and at the same time be used for its intended purpose. Of course, every day it is not used, but on holidays and celebrations - why not.
What features has decorative tableware when using it in the interior:
- Such decorative items have the feature of "weighting" the interior of the house. Consider this moment. If there is a monumental bulky furniture in the room, and additionally fill the room with decorative dishes, hang plates and place huge vases everywhere, then it will be hard enough to be in the room, it will “crush”. But fine delicate porcelain can come up.
- Large metal products, thick ceramics, and clay will look better in spacious kitchens or in a living room decorated in ethnic style. And the old, antique dishes look better in spacious interiors.
What makes decorative tableware:
- Ceramics. Probably the most popular material for decorative tableware, as well as for dishes in principle. It is also one of the most environmentally friendly and oldest materials on earth. Ceramic decorative dishes can be of any shape, it is well amenable to decoration, painting. From it make wall plates, vases and other products. Ceramics and clay have one property that makes them inappropriate for some interiors. This is coarseness, roughness of forms and drawings. In the rustic interiors, country-style, ethnic ceramic plates can look quite harmonious. But in modern, hi-tech, minimalist will be out of place.
- Glassware looks very stylish. Glass can be transparent, which is not possible in the case of ceramics. This property of the product is very good to use when decorating the interior of a living room or kitchen. Glass is universal, and glassware goes well with any interior. Crystal tableware - as a variant of glass, but more luxurious.
- Porcelain. The material is akin to ceramics, only very thin, fragile and elegant. From porcelain it turns out very light, almost weightless dishes, with elegant curves, curlicues. And painted with delicate watercolor or pastel colors, it gives the room a living room or kitchen lightness and weightlessness. Porcelain plates, vases, bowls and other items perfectly decorate the interior of the house.
- Metallic. Metal is very often used in the manufacture of decorative tableware. These products have excellent wear-resistant characteristics, which makes the dishes almost indestructible, the metal is ideal for the kitchen. Most often in the manufacture of decorative tableware used copper, silver, in the modern interior - steel. But metals such as iron and aluminum rarely can decorate the interior of the living room and bedroom, as they have a purely practical purpose, not differing in special external beauty. On sale you can also find decorative items from other materials with a metallic coating.
- Tree. Eco-friendly and beautiful material. However, wood utensils have features that make objects beautiful only under certain conditions. In general, wooden dishes will look only in the ethnic interior or in the rustic. Plates, trays and vases turn out to be rude, so they are not suitable for elegant interiors. Most often wooden dishes in the interior are accompanied by elegant carvings with animal figures, curlicues. Often you can find these types of dishes in folk art.
This category can be ranked and woven products. Various vases, wicker plates, baskets can be seen in the kitchen as a container for storing sweets, sweets, and cookies. Great for country style and create warmth and comfort in the kitchen.
Products made of paper, plastic, silicone for decorating the premises are not used, as they do not have sufficient capabilities for this.
Let us examine the example of different rooms at home, how to properly and harmoniously carry out their decor with the help of dishes.
Of course, dishes - this is the subject of interior design, which perfectly matches the functional purpose of the kitchen. Here you can place both functional products for permanent use, and purely decorative.
- The main thing in the design of the kitchen - do not overdo it with tableware decoration. Here and so there is a large number of it, so that the kitchen space can also be additionally loaded with a lot of decorative plates and glasses.
- Since the kitchen often uses ceramic tiles for decoration, there should be a minimum amount of other items with a ceramic coating, including dishes. Otherwise the room will lose its lightness. But wall plates often look appropriate.
- Excellent in the kitchen look elegant glass decorative dishes: glasses, wine glasses made of thin glass, even if transparent, although frosted, other items.
Corridor, hallway, hall
- In this room at home, it is rarely possible to see the dishes, since in most apartments it is of insufficient size and purely practical, functional purpose.
- In the more spacious halls you can see large floor vases made of ceramics. Wooden copies of such products may also be relevant here.
We will understand, for which style directions which kinds of decorative items are suitable.
- Classical. This style in the interior is used most often. It is universal, many interior items are combined with it, including types of decorative tableware. It can be pottery, including a rather coarse, large floor vases of painted plaster, textured wall plates. As an interior decoration, elegant crystal tableware and even metal can be used.
- Such luxurious styles as rococo, baroque, and empire look great if you add elegant furniture with matching porcelain products made in a capricious manner. Graceful metal forged trays, vases, jugs, plates and other items with decorative coating and gold leaf will also perfectly fit into such interiors.
- Art Nouveau welcomes multi-colored products that imitate a mosaic of glass.
- Gothic style implies dark colors and clear lines. Wood and metal is the best fit here. Wood is best used with aged coating.
- High-tech, as well as modern art deco mean glass in all its manifestations, including in the form of dishes. It can be colored specimens, matte and transparent, as well as crystal glassware.
- Ethnic. Like no other, this style is fertile ground for the application of decorative items. Coarse ceramics, wood, peculiarly treated metal are excellent here.
- Rustic. This style will match and complement the wicker and wood.