A large and cozy country house, which has a balcony, veranda, or an open summer terrace, always has a real, proper rest. Agree, it is much more pleasant to drink a cup of tea in the open air at the family table in the evening than inside the house, and you do not even want to sit in the four walls of the house when there is a warm summer rain outside and the air is filled with freshness and aroma of country flowers.
Perhaps this is the main reason why the terraces and verandas never lose their popularity. Most of the small country houses and large residential houses in the suburbs have this wonderful extension, which serves as a resting place, and performs a number of other functions.
Let's start with the fact that the veranda is, in fact, a closed terrace. But the word "terrace" immediately felt some greater sweep, which is not surprising. Verandas, as a rule, have a smaller area than terraces. The exceptions are large, spacious and warm verandas that the owners decided to attach to the main house to expand living space. Such additions can even be called rooms.
The most diverse types of hand-made porches sometimes just transform the design of a private house. The ideas of the owners or designers, embodied in the design of this part of the house, are striking in imagination, taste, and sometimes scope. But still, you can select several of the most popular types of terraces and terraces:
- Open terrace with roof.
- Open terrace with a balcony on the roof.
- Glazed throughout the height of the terrace.
- A single-storey veranda of a closed type, in the walls of which windows are placed.
- Veranda, on the roof of which there is a balcony.
- A small veranda vestibule in front of the main entrance.
If you decide to arrange a balcony on the roof of the terrace or veranda, it, in turn, can also be closed, or of an open type.
What could be the decoration and decoration of the veranda
All the ideas that you had before the start of construction, it is best to arrange in the form of a design project. The design projects of the verandas and terraces will help to accomplish everything without errors and deviations from the main idea. This does not mean that you can not change something in the process. Finishing can be adjusted, but a clear plan is still desirable.
In addition to finishing with building materials, plants are often used to “revitalize” verandas and terraces. As decoration, you can use hanging pots with flowers, climbing plants. How about the idea to make a flowerpot with your own hands from scrap materials? Usually in the country there are a lot of different remnants of building materials, a variety of natural materials that can be used.
Verandas and terraces twined with wild ivy or grapes look very nice. Of course, it will take some time for the plant to completely enclose the terrace, but it's worth it. If it is not wild, but a natural varietal grape, this will be an additional benefit and pleasure.
Having made a metal or wooden crate on an open veranda or terrace, you can plant climbing roses near the walls. It not only looks beautiful and romantic - the roses will make you drunk and delight you with your scent when you relax here.
Interior decoration and interior veranda
The interior of the terrace or veranda in a private house can harmoniously repeat the interior of the interior. But if the interior of the veranda or terrace will fall out of the overall picture - not scary. After all, the veranda and terrace is a separate part of the house.
The situation is similar with the balcony on the roof of the veranda or terrace. Balcony in ordinary and in country houses, especially if it is closed, is considered a separate room, the layout, interior and decoration of parts which can be individualized.
In the veranda room, if planning allows, a small summer kitchen can be accommodated. In addition, the layout may include a small pantry in one of the ends of the veranda, or another room for household purposes. If you make this room deaf, without windows, it can be a good place to store conservation, as it will always be cool there.
But a beautiful, round dining table and comfortable armchairs made of wicker are undoubtedly the indispensable attributes of a terrace, the interior of which without them will seem to be incomplete.
What you need to know about the construction of a veranda
Veranda can be included immediately in the project at home, and can be completed later. For example, you decided to change the design of your country house, or you want to expand its area at the expense of the veranda.
An extension can be done by seeking help from specialists, and if you have certain skills, then with your own hands. In this case, you need to find out and take into account such moments:
- Does the layout of the house allows the arrangement of the terrace or veranda. Maybe in your country house on all the walls there are windows that exclude the possibility of completion.
- If the desire to have a veranda is large, and the presence of windows does not allow to embody this desire, an open summer terrace can be an option.
- The veranda can be added on the side of the entrance to the house, but, like the terrace, it can be arranged at any suitable wall. If this option is suitable - think which side would be better: sunny or shaded.
- If the foundation for the device of an open terrace is not always obligatory, then under the veranda the foundation is usually needed.
- A well-founded foundation is the lion’s share of success in construction, therefore, undertake to do the foundation with your own hands only if you have experience.
- The depth and size of the foundation should be provided taking into account the load, depending on the materials that will be used in the construction of the veranda. It is necessary to especially consider this if the design of the veranda assumes that it will be made of brick and with several windows, or it will be completely glazed. Glass is a heavy material.
Of course, it’s very cool if you absolutely can do everything with your own hands. But if suddenly some points are controversial for you, or you have never built anything at all, the best option would be to contact a construction company, whose list of services includes not only construction work, but also planning, and design, and working with the landscape.
When the company performs all construction and design work in the complex, experts know and take into account all the nuances that arise during the construction process. Then there is a guarantee that everything will be done efficiently and for a long time.
Cooperation with a construction company is optimal even if the extension is large-scale. It may be necessary to have different approvals in the relevant authorities. As a rule, construction organizations and firms engaged in repairs and construction take on the solution of all issues related to approvals.
However, it is up to you to decide which construction option is most suitable for you. If you decide to do everything yourself, the main thing is to have a great passion and desire to learn. And all you then must succeed!