Indoor plants in the interior are a rather elegant element of decoration. They help to create an atmosphere of harmony in the house. Also live indoor flowers create and maintain a healthy and natural microclimate for humans. For example, philodendron, dracaena and sansevieria maintain oxygen balance, and all sorts of ficus, aloe, dracaena and ivy purify the air in the room from impurities of all kinds of toxic substances. There are flowers that bring in the mood, give calm and a feeling of warmth, transforming various rooms. There may be artificial and live plants. Which plants are best suited for interior decoration?
Interior decoration plants
The indisputable role of indoor plants in the interior of rooms is that they maintain the required level of relative humidity of about 50%, which is especially important during the heating season. As a result, the use of humidifiers disappears.
Houseplants in the interior of the apartment must be made out correctly, so it is recommended to use the following recommendations:
- fresh flowers should be selected with taste;
- proper care is needed, and plantings are properly developed;
- It is important to intelligently select varieties and types of green plants that will decorate the interior design throughout the year, especially with regard to flowers.
The design of the premises, taking into account the flowering of plants, must be carried out taking into account the following principles:
- cyclamen, azalea, orchid and begonia blooms in winter;
- gloxinia, kalanchoe, campanula isophila, erharis and room maple blooms in spring;
- in summer, hoya (wax ivy), agapanthus and ampella pelargonium bloom;
- In the fall, Korean chrysanthemum, Ethiopian calla, Indian azalea and senpaulia (Uzumbar violet) are blooming.
Deciduous plantings, for example, tsiperus, ordinary myrtle, sansevieria, laurel and fatsia are often used in the design of premises. Placement of leafy plants in the design is used to complement the interior, so they must have the original form of leaves and an elegant silhouette. For example, branches of ampelous plants, picturesquely hanging down, quite elegantly complement the interior design. The role of indoor plants in the interior is performed by korie, spurgeless leafless and Kalanchoe single-flowered. Their placement in beautiful wall vases will allow you to create an unusual atmosphere in the room.
The most popular plants in the interior
- Modern indoor plants in the interior of the house can be very different, but among the flowering specimens particularly stands out orchid. These flowers fit perfectly into the interior design, which is made in a classic style. Fans of ornamental plants often opt for ficuses, palm trees, monstera and dracaena. Green hippeastrum and anthurium are in demand. The fashion for the exotic today is more relevant than ever.
- The design of apartments is often accompanied with the use of yucca and bocarnay bent. Such large plants in the interior of the living room are often used in spacious kitchens and living rooms. Such living plants with a powerful stem look great in minimalist interiors.
- In the design of the living room looks best ficus. It has a wonderful decorative foliage that looks bright and attractive all year round. Care for ficus unpretentious. Ficuses with variegated foliage are especially popular today. Its placement is beneficial both to the external appearance of the space and from the point of view of the microclimate. These green plants secrete certain biologically active substances that help purify the air from harmful bacteria.
- The use of dracaenas and violets is recommended in children's rooms. They perfectly moisturize the air, so that they can easily replace the ionizer. The design of such a room is not recommended placement of monstera, because it is a poisonous plant. In addition, cacti for the nursery are not the best option.
- Those who prefer to see living indoor plants in the design can be advised to buy camellia. If you organize a good care for her, then you can enjoy flowering for 2 months. Other blooming species in the mode are clivia, stephanotis, aechmea, and gardenia.
Artificial plants in the interior
Caring for artificial plants is not required, they always look beautiful. That is why for many artificial flowers are ideal. However, quite recently, the placement of artificial plants in the interior of a dwelling was considered vulgar, indicating a complete lack of taste, because such artificial flowers were made using cheap materials and in plain forms. In addition, artificial plants had unnatural bright colors that exacerbated the situation.
Today, artificial plants have become very similar to real flowers. Manufacturers offer the widest range of decorative flowers, which are made of quality material, as well as using modern technologies. Artificial plants are full of their diversity, their appearance is very difficult to distinguish from natural living herbs, bushes, flowers and trees. They do not need care, but here they need to get right to the point.
- Artificial plants and flowers can fit in not every interior. For example, tall bouquets, hefty wreaths and braided flower garlands will combine quite well with the classic style.
- If the room is decorated in a minimalist style, then artificial flowers should be chosen in oriental motifs. Jasmine, bamboo and rice straw are ideal for this purpose.
- Not bad complement the look of the interior in the style of high-tech artificial flower arrangements. Ornamental plants will decorate the interior for a long time, and also fill it with a sense of inspiration and beauty; they do not need care. In this style, it is best to use artificial compositions of muted dim tones.
Artificial plants have certain advantages, one of which is that they do not need to be cared for. Rather, care is required minimal. It is enough to wipe the artificial composition of dust. Also, care will be to place artificial flowers away from sun exposure, because they tend to fade.
Rules for the selection of living plants
- When choosing plants for the living room is recommended to acquire large-leaved species. In the kitchen it is better to place plants that can tolerate temperature extremes.
- Making a bedroom, you should avoid a large number of indoor plants, especially those that actively absorb oxygen. It is advisable to put there Kalanchoe or aloe, because at night they enrich the surrounding space with oxygen.
- If you buy a beautiful plant, it alone will be able to please the eye and attract attention. If it is combined with other instances, it can be lost.
- A common mistake is the desire to put a small plant and a large flower nearby. A small copy in this case will be completely invisible next to the big handsome. Small indoor plants are recommended to be placed in groups to create a single ensemble in the interior.
- Choose the appropriate method of plant installation. It can be hanging baskets, stacked racks, floor racks, wall vertical panels, table or decorative floor pot.
- We must not forget that the flowers need proper care. Only then will they create coziness in the house.