When a vehicle is bought into a house, every person dreams that it remains in its original form as long as possible. However, as it is used for domestic purposes, the equipment gradually wears out. If you do not know and do not know how to properly care for her, then soon you have to fork out for new household items. This technique can be attributed iron. Mistresses use it constantly. Things should always look not only clean, but also be neatly ironed, so you should pay special attention to how to clean the sole of the iron.
This should be done so that he does not spoil himself, or he cannot spoil the things that he caresses. At the same time, many housewives are constantly being asked the same questions: "And how can you clean the sole of the iron at home? How to disassemble and clean the iron?". In this case, you need to do everything very carefully and carefully so as not to harm the device. It is necessary to choose a tool, taking into account the design features of the iron and the material of its sole.
The modern market represents a large number of the most diverse models of irons. Each housewife can choose a model based on their preferences and the desired parameters.
Manufacturers make soles for irons from materials such as:
- Stainless steel.
- Teflon coating.
- Metal ceramics.
Aluminum is considered one of the most difficult in care of materials. This surface is very easy to scratch, which means it will quickly become worthless. Especially attentive it is necessary to be with an ironing of synthetic fabrics as they can stick to a sole. That is, an iron with an aluminum sole not only deteriorates quickly from burning, but it is also very difficult to clean it afterwards.
The ceramic sole also requires special care and thrill, as if the iron is used improperly, you can scratch it, therefore the hostess should know exactly how to clean the iron with a ceramic coating. To do this, you can use a special pencil, which is sold in any hardware store or in the places of sale of small household appliances. This surface of the iron is still cleaned with soft non-abrasive compositions that are intended for washing dishes.
Another good way to properly clean a ceramic surface is to use toothpaste. Just pre-need a little heat the iron and evenly distribute the tool on the sole, after which it is gently removed with a soft cloth. Ceramics are also well cleaned with soda and hydrogen peroxide. The main thing - do not wash off and rub the surface with rigid brushes or sponges. This will lead to the destruction of enamel.
To clean the iron with a Teflon coating is quite simple. You just need to buy a special sponge. However, it is very time-consuming to clean the equipment with this method in terms of its strength and time, therefore it is better to use folk remedies. Teflon sole can be quickly brought into proper form with a cotton pad with vinegar. This composition simply wipes the entire surface, and after that it is wiped off with a cotton cloth.
Efficient and easy ways to scum.
In addition to problems with the quality of the surface and methods of cleaning it, there is another common problem of irons - scale. With this, every housewife will sooner or later, regardless of the model chosen, so you need to know how to clean the iron from carbon. There are several ways, among which are:
- Candle. It will help only if you clean the iron immediately after pollution. That is, the entire stained surface is simply rubbed with a candle, and then wiped with either paper or cotton cloth.
- Salt. It can not be used for ceramics and Teflon, and for the rest of the surfaces it will be an excellent tool. Salt is distributed in a thin layer on a sheet of paper and ironed with a heated iron. Salt must absorb all the dirt.
- Soda. In this case, it does not even require heating technology. Soda is mixed with water until the mixture is as smooth as a paste. After which it is applied to the sole of the iron and left for some time. Then simply rinse with water and wipe dry with a napkin.
- Matchbox. Enough non-standard method. You need to take a sulfur sticker with a matchbox and rub it on the sole.
- Ammonia. It will help get rid of the raid. It is enough to put it on a cotton pad and process the surface of the sole of the iron.
- Hydrogen peroxide. The principle of operation is the same as with ammonia.
- Hydroperitol tablets. To she cleared all the scum, you just need to drive it on a hot iron. A big disadvantage of this method is an extremely unpleasant smell during the process of cleaning the iron from carbon. All residues are easily cleaned with a damp cloth.
You can clean the iron at home in any of these ways. The main thing is to take into account the material of the sole and the quality of its technology.
How to remove the remnants of burnt tissue?
There are several good and effective ways to clean the iron from the burnt fabric. Each person can carelessly or carelessly leave hot appliances on their clothes. If in this case synthetic has burned, then it is necessary to transfer the iron toggle switch to the maximum mode. The adhered tissue will melt it completely. After that, you need to take a wooden spatula to remove all residues.
In addition, there is another way to clean burnt iron. To do this, take a simple nail polish remover. She is in every home. This tool is good to remove the remnants of burnt polyethylene.
How to clean a steam iron?
Many people buy not just irons, but models with a steam generator. Manufacturers of such equipment strongly recommend a special cleaning fluid, which is easy to use at home. They prescribe step-by-step steps in their instructions on how to clean a steam iron from scale. The water, which is recommended in them, is a liquid purified from salt and other impurities. If you ignore these recommendations, you will definitely have to face a set of specific measures, so you need to know how to clean the iron from the scale inside.
So that you don’t have to think about how to clean the iron from the burn or get rid of the iron from rust, you need to follow some rules. This will help keep appliances in a neat and serviceable form. These include:
- Choosing the right temperature for ironing clothes, linen or various fabrics. This is usually indicated on the label.
- After the ironing process, you need to wipe the sole of the iron with a special cleaning agent or cotton cloth each time.
- Use softened water for irons.
Manufacturers strongly do not recommend using aggressive abrasives, and clean Teflon iron with exceptionally soft fabrics and special products. In addition, do not use knives, hard metal brushes or sandpaper for any sole material. This will only ruin the iron and render it unusable. It is better to treat your household appliances with care and monitor its condition.