Sand tile roofing is used relatively recently. In comparison with a ceramic tile or a metal tile it differs in more available cost. It is durable, cold-resistant, durable and provides good sound insulation, and a wide choice of colors and shapes makes it an excellent option for the roof of a country house, gazebo, country house or other structures.
The roof of cement-sand tiles is great for wooden stone, brick structures or a log home. This type of tile is suitable for both flat roofs, and for arches, turrets. With it, you can lay out various forms.
Features of sand tiles:
- During production, no chemical or toxic substances are used, so the material is safe and environmentally friendly.
- When laying tiles between the tiles, additional gaps remain, creating additional ventilation of the space under the roof.
- The roof of cement-sand tiles retains its appearance for a very long time, subject to the installation technology.
- High-quality sand tiles can withstand loads up to 150 kg.
For the production of the material the following ingredients are used:
- quartz sand;
To ensure the high quality of the tile, serious demands are made on its components:
- Brand of cement. For the production of tiles it is necessary to use cement of a grade not less than 200. At the same time, the material must have a high rate of setting. In this case, the cement must be fresh and stored in a well-ventilated area.
- Pure water. Water should be very clean and not have an unpleasant smell and impurities.
- High-quality sand. For the production of used sand of different fractions. However, the size of coarse sand should not exceed 2 mm. If river sand is used for manufacturing, it must be sieved and dried beforehand.
Making high-quality tiles requires not only the use of the right components, but also strict adherence to the production technology.
For the manufacture of tiles should prepare the components and mix them in special containers. It is necessary to mix cement, sand and water in a ratio of 2: 6: 1. The mixture is placed in the workpiece, primed and dried. Drying time is 8-12 hours.
For the production of colored tiles in the mixture is added coloring pigment. An additional staining step is needed after the material has been shaped. In this case, if during operation or installation the tile is damaged, the damage by color will not be noticeable. Coloring allows you to give the tile a matte or glossy color. You can also find sand tiles, painted with polymer-acrylic paints, giving the product a wet effect.
At the last stage, manufacturers maintain tile for a month in a well-ventilated area or on the street, which improves the characteristics of the material.
Types of sand tiles
Laying cement-sand tiles includes the use of both basic tile and ventilation elements, eaves and elements for skates, so these types of tiles should be distinguished:
- snow retaining;
For a beautiful roof with good performance when installing the roof should be used every type of tile.
Separately, you can select and various elements of the structure:
- The main castle. It can be single, double and triple. Allow to increase the strength of the roof, and prevent the ingress of snow and other precipitation.
- Side locks. Required to connect elements and protect against water leakage under the tile.
- The edges of the tiles. They are distinguished by a rounded shape that allows water to freely flow from the roof.
- Strengthening ribs. Increase the ability of the material to withstand mechanical damage.
- Hooks. Used when installing the tile for attachment to a wooden crate. Allows you to distribute the weight of the structure, snow and water evenly. In addition, the feature of the element allows you to protect the wooden crate from moisture and rotting.
For optimal results, tile installation should be carried out by experienced roofers using all the main elements of the sand tile.
CPC is a quality roofing material based on cement, water, silica sand and natural dyes. This tile is made under high pressure and dried at low temperatures.
The main advantages of sand-cement tiles:
- Ecological purity of the material. For the production of not used toxic and hazardous to health components.
- Durability. The term of operation without loss of external and operational qualities is more than 100 years. In this case, the manufacturer gives a guarantee of 30 years.
- Presentable appearance. Polymer sand tile does not look different from ceramics.
- Frost resistance. Such roofing tolerates temperature drops and severe frost.
- Ventilation. It guarantees good ventilation of the roof, which prevents the formation of mold, mildew and rotting of floor beams.
- Affordable cost. Polymer-sand tile is much cheaper than ceramic, but it is not inferior to her in performance.
- Resistance to corrosion and decay. The structure does not include components that can rot or rust, so the tile serves for a long time, even despite the constant impact of moisture and temperature drops;
- Excellent insulating properties. The sand tile possesses good heat-insulating and sound-proof characteristics.
- Resistance to aggressive environments. The material has good resistance to impurities in atmospheric precipitation, ultraviolet and other aggressive media.
- Formability. The material has excellent flexural and tear strength, and retains its shape for a long time.
- Fire resistance The tile has a low flammability and resistance to the accumulation of static voltage, therefore, has a good indicator of fire safety.
Proper installation of sand tiles can be made only with the purchase of quality materials, so it is important to give preference to reliable manufacturers. They are distinguished by the availability of service, technical advice and warranty for at least 30 years. However, not only the warranty period is important, but also the cases in which this warranty is valid. For example, does the warranty cover a tile if you install it yourself.
Many manufacturers offer tiles for a particular roof. In this case, you can choose the color, shape and other features of the material. Standard tile has a width of 33 cm, which must be considered when checking its value.
The qualitative tile possesses a smooth and equal surface. The individual elements must fit snugly together. Any curvature is not allowed. When tapping, the tile should make a clear sound. Not be superfluous to check and quality certificates for products.
Sand tile - inexpensive and quality material for the roof. Differs in durability, durability, excellent noise-insulating and heat-insulating properties. Presentable appearance while observing the installation rules is maintained for more than 100 years.