Most often, the bedroom has a modest size, and this is not surprising, because the residents mostly sleep and sometimes just relax, so in order to save space, many prefer to install a sofa instead of a bed. Properly designed bedroom design with a sofa allows you to put all the necessary items and things in the room and create an atmosphere of relaxation and comfort.
How to choose furniture?
The modest size of the room can cause difficulties when placing the furnishings, but should not prevent the creation of an atmosphere conducive to sleep and rest, so you should take advantage of some design tips:
- when choosing furniture, it is desirable to give preference to multi-functional models. As an option - a sofa with a built-in box for linen. This sofa is also a place to sleep and store things. The shelves at the head of the bed are not only convenient for placing objects, but are also a stylish decorative element;
- sofas with rounded edges visually "eat up" the space, so the models of strict rectangular / square shapes are the best choice;
- To make furniture upholstery fit into the bedroom interior, they get sofas with a material that blends / contrasts with the shades of the walls, the ceiling, and the floor covering.
The room should be compact and comfortable to use, so the closet is the perfect choice. Sliding doors do not need space for opening, and mirrored sash will visually enlarge the room.
Optimal models of sofas for the bedroom - transformers, which keep the area free, and in disassembled form create a full-fledged sleeping place.
When choosing a model, it is the type of folding furniture that plays the main role, since it defines simplicity and ease of use. There are four types of popular sofas for the bedroom.
- Retractable - three parts of the structure are involved in the transformation process (one of which is located in the back, and two are the seat). To expand the furniture, you need to pull the seat. This leaves the part located in the back of the sofa. On the free space of the slats fit the detail of the seat. Advantages of the model - the berth is pushed forward and the folded design has a very compact size and an elegant look.
- Click-klyak is a slightly improved model of a sofa-book, as it allows you to fix the back in three positions: for sitting, half-sitting and lying down. The compact view makes this furniture a worthy option for adults and children’s bedroom.
- The Eurobook has a simple transformation mechanism that allows you to easily manage the model for children and the elderly. When folding the sofa, the seat is pushed forward, and the backrest is lowered into free space. Comfortable sofas with a box for linen are quite suitable for furnishing the room of a girl or teenager. A simple control system makes this model a long-lived among other designs.
- Accordion - popular due to the simple transformation device and small parameters. The resting area includes three folding sections, one of which is the seat and the other two are the back. The principle of folding: the seat is pushed forward, before folding the section of the backrest. Then the seat is raised to a characteristic click and lowered. An important advantage of the model - the sofa does not need to move away from the wall.
The cost of the sofa plays an important role in choosing a model. A considerable part of the price is precisely the transformation mechanism; therefore, saving does not always justify itself, since a cheap unfolding device breaks down most often.
In small bedrooms it is very important to use the area rationally so that comfortable conditions are created for rest, therefore, depending on the layout of the room, choose a straight or corner sofa. Each of these models has advantages and disadvantages.
Straight shape models
These sofas can be called universal, as they fit into the interior of any style. Folding and non-folding models are available. Folding sofas are advisable to install only in large bedrooms, where there is a full bed. On the sofa in this case, you can only sit down, but it will look like an element of furniture, which does not have a special functional significance.
A bedroom with a sofa instead of a bed is a great option to keep the space of the room free. Corner models most fully meet this requirement, because most often the sofa is installed in a corner, which allows you to use the "dead" zone and leaves the center of the room free.
The beautiful model range of furniture is simply amazing. You can buy a sofa with sides that are different or the same length. There are designs with complex geometry and constituent elements.
In a small bedroom it is rational to install a transforming sofa. It is the folding sofa in assembled form that forms the style of the interior, and in the folding - it provides a calm and cozy rest on a full-fledged sleeping place. It will be ideal if the structure is equipped with a storage box, as this will allow you to quickly remove the bed linen.
Of the many options for sofas for the bedroom is better to choose a model that has the following transformation devices: euro-book, dolphin, accordion. All of these types of furniture assembled are compact in size, making it popular with small apartment owners.
Corner sofas are great for a teenager's room. On the assembled sofa, it will be comfortable for many guests to get comfortable, and the disassembled design will serve as a spacious place for rest and sound sleep of a teenager.
The color palette of the situation
Correctly chosen shades will create a harmonious look of a bedroom with a sofa. It depends on the color of the product how the bedroom will be perceived by the guests (although, in fact, only the owners should like it). Of the numerous rules for interior design, we can distinguish several important wishes:
- That the sofa became the main accent of an interior, models with an upholstery of bright and contrast shades are selected;
- Always look stylish combination of light and dark shades. In the rooms with walls of warm light colors, the sofas with dark upholstery look perfect;
- monophonic upholstery material suitable for interiors in the style of hi-tech, minimalism. Colorful mood is typical for Provence, country music.
Light pastel shades are considered the traditional upholstery palette. In the room of a teenager you can put a sofa of gray or brown tones, and the girl’s bedroom will be decorated with furniture with upholstery in olive, beige, white shades.
Interior of a bedroom with a sofa: design guidelines
Near the corner sofas bedside tables can look ridiculous, so a great alternative for them - wide armrests with wooden lining.
For a restful sleep, it is preferable to place the structure so that the headboard is against the wall.
So that the quiet design of a small room does not become boring, you can install bookshelves around the furniture or arrange a niche.
The place for the sofa should be chosen so that the furniture for the bedroom, when unfolded, does not prevent the residents from moving freely. For comfortable movement, a passage 50 cm wide is sufficient. Given this recommendation, the product can be left unassembled for a long time.
A huge amount of furniture for sleeping can make it difficult to choose the right model. Non-standard way to solve the problem of choice - the method of "by contradiction." To do this, it is enough to understand what exactly you do not want to see in the bedroom. If the method does not help determine, it is necessary to turn to professionals - designers. The specialist will competently take into account the wishes of the tenants and the possibilities of the room.