Curtains not only help to make your home more comfortable, but also protect residents from prying eyes from the outside. Today we will talk about aerial fabric, which is most often used for window decoration.
Tulle appeared a few centuries ago in France. Then, in the 15th century, it was available only to a narrow circle of rich people, because it was made by hand. Now everyone can afford to buy this fabric. Let's find out how to choose tulle for the living room.
How to choose the right tulle?
The choice of color and design of tulle depends on many characteristics:
- the size of the room;
- the degree of illumination of the room;
- time of year;
- living room design.
Everyone knows that with the help of light shades you can visually increase the size of the room. Tulle dark tones, even despite its airiness and lightness, visually reduce the size of the window.
The design of curtains in the living room may also depend on the season. The mood of people is often in the grip of the environment. For example, in the winter outside the window an abundance of white paints. You can complement the calm atmosphere in the house with white curtains, and you can dilute the lack of colors with a tulle of rich color. Or add comfort fabrics warm colors.
Tulle in the interior of the living room can be used independently and in combination with curtains. For this room the second option would be more appropriate. If you use several colors for the window design, then make sure that they match in hue. White tulle will be appropriate in the interior with an abundance of decorative elements, it will help to balance the rich details of the situation.
Tulle in various styles
If you want changes in the interior of the living room, it is not necessary to change the entire design of the room. In order not to make repairs, but noticeably refresh the situation, it is enough to change the curtains.
This style is characterized by simplicity and ease, so the tulle should be chosen as transparent as possible so that it does not interfere with the penetration of fresh air. White, beige, lavender, gently green - the main colors for a monophonic canvas. Prohibited multi-layer draperies or complex parts. Only small floral or floral designs or stripes are allowed.
Adherents of this style do not like piles and surpluses in the design of the premises, so the curtains should, first of all, be not decorative, but functional. Dense tulle is required to protect the room from light and at the same time be invisible. It is advisable to choose the color of the fabric in such a way that the design of the window does not stand out from the surrounding environment. Clear straight lines, lack of detail - the characteristic features of minimalism. It is allowed to hang the window with both short tulle and models from the eaves to the floor.
For light and spacious living rooms in this style need tulle, which will emphasize the love of the owners to the refined atmosphere. Pay attention to the model with lambrequin. Volumetric draperies fit perfectly into the interior in a classic style. The color combinations of curtains depend on whether you need to add luxury to a simple setting or to “reassure” the complex design. In the first case, brown or wine is usually used, in the second - white or beige. Multi-layered, combinations of several shades are the distinctive features of this style.
Portieres and tulle on eyelets are very popular. They found the love of customers due to their versatility and functionality. Laconic straight curtains fit perfectly into many interiors. Tulle in combination with curtains will look strict and elegant. Eyelet tulle is the perfect choice for a living room with a balcony. So the curtains will be easy to move without crumpling.
Some modern designers propose to use when making the original version: hang tulle over thick curtains. This fashionable solution creates an imitation of mysterious radiography.
In order for the living room tulle for a long time not to change its original appearance, it needs timely cleaning. If there is no serious dirt on the surface of the fabric, it can be easily cleaned at home without the help of experts. Before you start washing, carefully study the label of your tulle curtain. This will help avoid mechanical damage to the product.
We give some recommendations for the care of tulle:
- Shake the product immediately before washing. This simple way you quickly get rid of the accumulated dust.
- If the tulle has lost its whiteness, then it must first be soaked in saline or a special bleach. Follow the instructions on the product packaging, then mix the resulting solution well, immerse the tulle in it and leave for 30-40 minutes.
- If there are stains on the surface of the fabric, then point them with a stain remover. Particularly strong contamination should be soaked in a soap solution with stain remover and left overnight.
- Tulle curtains are recommended to be washed by hand. If this is not possible, then use the washing machine, but be sure to install the "delicate wash" function.
- In order not to spoil the fabric, which is compressed under the influence of hot water, make sure that the water temperature does not exceed 40 degrees. It is also advisable to use liquid detergents, not powder. It is allowed to add air conditioning.
- Do not forget to set the minimum number of revolutions for the spin mode. After hand washing, slightly squeeze the curtain, not twisting the fabric.
- Tulle to dry in the form of straightened. Avoid direct sunlight to avoid yellowing and burnout color.
- If you do not have an iron, or you want to save time, then hang the curtains, not waiting for complete drying. If the ironing process is necessary, then be sure to carry it through the protective grid and at the minimum temperature.
The choice of tulle is a responsible occupation. Use our advice and take into account the nuances of your room, show imagination and do not be afraid to experiment. So you can choose the perfect decoration for the living room window, which will delight you and delight your guests.