Private cottages built of brick have a presentable appearance, but in this case the key material requires a fair amount of financial expenses. Under such conditions, the popularity of facade panels imitating colored or white brickwork is increasing. These products, undoubtedly, decorate the building, moreover, it creates conditions for additional warming.
Essence and advantages of building material
Basic characteristics of wall panels:
- brick front panels can be fixed on any base - on wood, dilapidated brickwork, concrete;
- weather conditions will not affect the duration and success of installation procedures;
- as mentioned above, an intensively insulated structure is being built;
- installation is accompanied by a minimum level of waste - a maximum of 5% of waste material is generated.
Finishing the house outside with front panels for bricks is a relatively new phenomenon in the domestic construction segment, this technique has become in demand in just the last few years. The relevance and high popularity of facing products are explained by their following advantages:
- resistance to conditions of increased humidity and sharp long-term temperature changes. Panels are not destroyed by the rapid change of high and low temperature indicators, they are not afraid of constant contact with ultraviolet radiation;
- on the surface there are no salt streaks. Owners of brick buildings are familiar with this problem: natural burnt material quickly absorbs the surrounding moisture, in which a significant amount of salt is usually dissolved, with time on the facade raid appears. Artificial analogues have no such absorbing properties;
- a large assortment. Manufacturers offer products with a variety of texture, color, size, imitations of white, beige, yellow, and red brick are especially in demand. Such diversity allows the facade to give a unique performance;
- ease and high speed of installation. To fix the wall panels, it is not necessary to involve a team of masters - even without special skills, you can do all the work on your own. Due to the large size of the products, the building cladding event is carried out in a short time;
- big operational resource. The service life of the decorative finishing material is comparable to the durability of the brickwork;
- low product weight - significantly reduces the load on the foundation;
- high strength - panels are more reliable than siding, they withstand considerable mechanical loads.
In the core market you can find model lines that differ in installation technology, the presence of insulation, base material, quality indicators, cost.
The most budget segment is PVC panels, but they do not have a rich design, this defect is more than covered by an abundance of imitations - in particular, variations of burnt brick, laconic yellow masonry are in demand.
The clinker facade panels with insulation have a high margin of safety, they are durable and very reliable, which explains their relevance in regions with harsh climate and changeable weather. Such products are carried out according to innovative technology, as a result, coating of various colors, textures and sizes is formed.
Finishing material may look antique (these are common yellow variations), and modern modifications in modern style are also in demand. Many manufacturers accept individual orders, shipping products to customers in accordance with the provided sketches.
For the manufacture of this type of cladding is usually used high-quality clinker of world-famous construction brands, for example, Roben, ABC, Feldhaus Klinker, Strohe. Tile thickness varies between 9-14 mm. For insulation insulation using a 6-inch layer of polystyrene foam or 4, 6, 8 cm polyurethane. The mass of each product usually does not exceed 16 kg.
One of the most popular types is the Canyon plates; modern plasticizing additives, high-quality concrete, coloring pigments imitating the color of natural material, and small fractional sand are used to make them. External similarity and texture of bricks are achieved through the use of vibratory casting technology, the basis in this case are silicone molds.
In order to facilitate mounting and strengthening of fastening strength, each panel is equipped with special metal brackets. The mass of a square meter of the panel is 40 kg.
"KMEW" is a Japanese kind of product based on a quartz-cement composition; a mixture of cellulose fibers acts as a filler. Thanks to an innovative production technology, the material mass is noticeably reduced. The panels can be of any color, texture, but the required component is a specific protective coating. The thickness of the material reaches 16 mm, dimensions - 45x30 cm.
Polymeric facade panels for exterior finish "Döcke-R" attract the simplicity and efficiency of installation. Since they do not form a significant load on the facade, you can use any kind of insulation with them. The products are a separate type of vinyl siding that imitates brick veneer externally. The size of the panels does not exceed 113x46 cm with a weight of not more than 2 kg and a thickness of 16 mm.
Domestic line "Alta profile" shows a high resistance to the manifestations of the harsh climate and high humidity, is distinguished by durability and enhanced strength. Standard dimensions of products are 114x48 cm, weight reaches 2.5 kg.
Facing may well be done independently, the preliminary work is divided into 2 stages:
- careful preparation of the basis, creation of ideally flat, plain surface. It is necessary to completely remove the worn paintwork, if any, apply antiseptics and antifungal agents to the entire surface. Further, the leveled ground is grounded;
- To reduce the drops and create a symmetrical facade, a wooden or metal crate is mounted on the wall into which insulation can be laid.
Panel installation rules:
- Laying front plates begins with one of the corners of the bottom row. If the introduction of special corner elements is not foreseen, the material is cut at an angle of 45 ° (a Bulgarian will be needed here);
- the panel is connected to the crate with screws;
- The next row begins only after the entire previous one has been fully assembled;
- the evenness of the location of all elements is checked using the construction level;
- all joints and seams are filled with a solution that is responsible for the tightness of the joints.
Slopes are usually made of plastic. If the design project does not provide for the use of differently textured materials, these zones can be covered with decorative plaster. Care of the panels implies a periodic inspection of the reliability of fasteners, special attention is paid to the corner segments (enough once a year). Contamination eliminated with a damp cloth.
Attractive appearance - this is not the only advantage of the considered panels under the brick. They have low cost, low level of waste, are characterized by ease of installation, thanks to which they claim to be a leader in the field of facade finishing materials. They are increasingly chosen as the main cladding of buildings, because visually they can not be distinguished from this brickwork.