The facade of the house is his face, and every owner wants it to be beautiful, but aesthetics is not the only requirement, the facing material must be reliable.
Traditionally, these are brick, rubble stone or other similar materials, but not everyone can afford them. New technologies have expanded the list of compositions suitable for such functions. It is cheaper at times, but practically indistinguishable in appearance and in terms of performance, an artificial analogue, for example, a popular burnt stone. Even more affordable plastic facade tiles, successfully imitating even the most noble breeds. Choose from what.
A real stone house often remains an impossible dream. Facade panels made of natural stone are also not cheap, but they have so many advantages that many allow themselves such luxury.
As a building material, natural stone has pros and cons. Advantages:
- Environmentally friendly, as it is mined in a natural way, subsequently without any improvement.
- Durable, with almost eternal life.
- Resistant to moisture, temperature, sun, fire.
- Aesthetically attractive, therefore, does not need additional processing.
- Exclusive: two identical natural specimens do not exist.
Cons: high price, the need for professional styling.
Of this category are the most popular quarrystone and wild stone, granite, marble. The first two are used in private house-building, the rest are in demand for public buildings.
Facing is carried out in several stages:
- The walls are plastered.
- The tiles are laid out as they will be installed on the surface: this will allow you to do the job better and faster.
- A solution or glue is applied to the back of the fragment. The tile should be applied to the surface, pressing as tightly and tightly as possible.
- For the base, they start laying from the lower and upper rows so that the edge is perfectly flat, and then fill the remaining space. On the walls - on top, so the flowing glue does not stain the lower rows.
- Seams are filled with cement to avoid voids. To give the most aesthetic look, the seams are slightly recessed.
During the work, especially with a socle segment, larger elements have on the lower ranks. For cladding, stones up to 2 cm thick are taken, and the strongest fragments are laid at the corners.
One of the most popular in this segment, although it is really artificial material. However, it has a lot of advantages in operation, it is many times cheaper than natural, it is easier to work. Outwardly, it is difficult to distinguish a man-made sample and, for example, a real rubble stone. In terms of properties and price, this is the golden mean between natural material and plastic.
This material consists of cement, quartz sand, expanded clay, pieces of natural stone, giving strength.
Front panels are made of artificial stone by vibratory casting: the form is filled with a solution, and the vibration separates the heavy and light fractions. The pigment is introduced into the mixture immediately or during manufacture. Accordingly, the fragment is painted completely or only from above, but in both versions beautiful decorative specimens are obtained, durable, strong, resistant to natural disasters.
There are several types, different in characteristics, scope of use, method of production. The white stone looks especially elegant and solemn. It is used in the design of the walls, but not highly contaminated base.
Crushed and bonded with polyester resin marble, limestone, and other stones make them durable, frost-resistant. They successfully imitate fine breeds. However, wear out, poorly resist the "chemistry". When buying is worth paying attention to the filler. For example, quartzite gives strength comparable to ceramic granite.
They can independently veneer the facade. For mechanical properties and durability, it is better than natural stone. Heat resistant, hardness in fourth place. It is easily processed, it is possible to cut with diamond discs, however, polishing at home is excluded.
The burned stone can be with terracotta or crimson hues, drawings, splashes, galtovanny, that is, soft outlines.
The strong equal basis plastered or concrete does not demand preparation. In other cases, you need insulation, reinforcement, plastering. The finishing process is simpler than required, for example, with natural stone. There are two ways:
- Wet. The panels are attached to the primed wall with building glue. You can work at a temperature of +5 to + 25 ° C, otherwise it will not dry. In the heat, the walls and material are moistened before applying the solution. The tile presses well so that there is no air left between the base and glue. The seams are rubbed off.
- Hinged facade. The material is not fastened to the wall, but to a suspension frame, which are galvanized or stainless metal profiles. As a result, an air gap is formed between the wall and the material. It can be partially filled with thermal insulation.
Opportunities to revet the facade so that it resembles a stone, a lot. If means allow, it is better to choose natural material, for example, a wild or rubble stone, but artificial analogs are no worse in properties. The house will be solid in appearance and well protected in any case.