The room rose, a flower of miniature forms from the Rosaceae family, adorns the window sills of many flower growers and is worthy of attention with the beauty of elegant foliage and abundant blooms almost all year round.
The height of dwarf bushes usually reaches 18-25 cm, mini-roses of 45-50 cm are also found.
Features of growing
The basic requirements for growing a compact pink bush in a pot are as follows:
- the plant develops well in a sunny place, place it on a window sill on the south or southeast side of the room;
- timely water and feed the pet according to the requirements of the agricultural variety;
- perform regular pruning and transplanting, it affects the intensity of flowering, improves the decorative qualities of the seedling;
- protect against disease and pests.
In fact, care for a room rose is simple, knowing the crop's agricultural technology is easy not only to contain, but also to propagate it by cutting.
Brief characteristics of varieties
The most common varieties of indoor roses are:
- Baby Darling with orange-pink inflorescences;
- Starina with fragrant purple flower petals;
- Judi Fischer with double pink flowers;
- New Penny with copper-pink inflorescences;
- Cinderella with silver-pink flowers.
Among the low varieties of other varieties, the most popular are:
- Bengal red - valued for the duration of the flowering period, which often lasts until the New Year holidays. It is considered the most adapted variety for keeping in indoor conditions. It has evergreen leaves, semi-double flowers of medium size with color ranging from bright red to dark red. The plant does not need pruning, as it grows low, it thrives well. If you cut it badly, the sapling may die.
- The Chinese rose is distinguished by the smallest size among the relatives, it grows to a height of only 15 cm, the diameter of the flowers is 2 cm. Due to the pomp and abundance of inflorescences the bush looks very spectacular. Most representatives of this variety need wintering under cold conditions. There are varieties of Chinese roses with a strong fragrance and odorless, with color petals of red, yellow and silver shades.
- Tea - are characterized by a long flowering period. Bushes magnificent to 30 cm tall with large leaves, strongly terry flowers of different shades with the aroma of tea. On stems of some species and on the back surface of the leaves there are thorns. The plant reacts poorly to dampness and cold, winters in cool.
- Bourbon - in height the plant reaches 0.5 meters, the flowers are large, hold on for a long time. It blooms from the beginning of the summer to the New Year, then comes a period of rest. In March, almost all the foliage falls, but the bush quickly acquires young greens.
- Remontant - with proper care can bloom all year round. Shrubs are relatively large in size with rare, but large inflorescences of red palette, white and pink shades. The grade is unpretentious in leaving.
- Polyanthic - strongly branching multi-flower bushes up to 50 cm high. Inflorescences of pink, red and white shades with a noticeable aroma. Ideal for growing in room conditions, with the right agricultural technology they bloom from March to December, they easily tolerate wintering on a cool window-sill.
Knowing the characteristics of mini-roses of different varieties, it is easy to choose a houseplant with the desired properties.
Chinese rose - hibiscus
In its natural habitat it is a sprawling evergreen shrub up to 6 meters high. For cultivation in room conditions using dwarf varieties of Chinese roses up to 40 cm in height.
Hibiscus flowers bloom only for a day, attracting the attention of terry, semi-double or funnel-shaped inflorescences of bright red color or white, purple, variegated, purple and salmon shades. The flowering period of the Chinese rose from March to November. The flower is extremely loyal to the conditions of detention, but grows particularly well with sufficient light and proper watering.
How to care for a room rose?
In order for the rose bush to fully develop in indoor conditions and delight in lush flowering for a long time, proper care is necessary.
In summer, the plant is watered often, focusing on the condition of the top layer of soil. Do not dilute the moisture in the pot, maintain the optimum level of moisture in both the soil and air. To eliminate the risk of root decay, regularly check the drain pan and drain the accumulated water. Sprinkling is a useful procedure for the growing season and flowering of the room rose, especially when the weather is hot and dry. They arrange a green pet shower every other day in the evening, using warm water, which is defended in advance. With the onset of the cool season, watering reduces and reduces the sprinkling intensity. In winter, in the dormant period, occasionally moisten the substrate in order to maintain the root system.
When choosing a fertilizer for indoor roses, remember that during the budding period it is necessary to feed the plant with nitrogen compounds. Phosphorus-potassium substances contribute to the flowering period. In the spring and summer, when the bush is actively developing, feed up with an interval of 14 days. Before fertilizing it is necessary to water it abundantly to eliminate the risk of root burns. For best results, it is recommended to alternate top dressing with the use of mineral and organic compounds, this will provide mass flowering, affect the intensity of color and flavor. With the approach of the autumn season gradually increase the interval in the schedule of fertilizer.
At the end of the flowering period, you need to cut the indoor rose. At the same time, the stems are shortened, leaving 5 buds on the shoots. At the same time carry out hygienic pruning - remove weak and dead branches. The procedure can be performed in the spring after waking up, if you did not have time before hibernation. Without pruning, the flower is pulled out, loses compactness, the duration and intensity of flowering decreases.
Transplant room rose
A rose in a store-bought pot needs a period of adaptation to new conditions, so it is transplanted only 2-3 weeks after the purchase. The fragile root system of the pink bush reacts negatively to any external influences. This applies not only to young plants, but also to adults, so the transplant of a room rose is carried out with the help of transshipment:
- bush watered abundantly to make it easier to remove it from the pot;
- in the meantime, they prepare a soil mixture from humus, sod, and sand, or use a ready-made substrate from a specialized store;
- a drainage layer of expanded clay, broken ceramics or pebbles is placed on the bottom of the new pot; a small layer of soil is added;
- take the plant out of the old container without destroying the clod of earth, and set it in a new pot;
- powdered with soil, slightly compacted, sprayed with warm water foliage.
Next, the transplanted plant for several days is left in partial shade, then placed in a permanent place.