Among the many different air conditioners, floor fans are in great demand. First, the price of air conditioners significantly exceeds the price of floor fans. Secondly, not all rooms are designed to install air conditioning, when floor fans are suitable for both the apartment, and for the office, shop and other rooms, saving from summer heat. In addition, air conditioners can lead to overcooling of the body and cause colds, the fans are safer, because the airflow prevents sharp fluctuations in air temperature.
The floor fan consists of 3 parts: base, bracket, impeller. The base is usually made quite heavy for stability and has the shape of a cross or a circle.
In the upper part of the modern fans have rotary devices for blowing the entire room, they allow the device to rotate 90 degrees.
Modern manufacturers offer various types of floor fans. They have similar technical characteristics, but the designs are somewhat different. Among the manufacturers, the most sought-after models are the firms Polaris, Skarlett, Vitek - all of them are absolutely safe, effective devices that create a comfortable indoor environment.
According to different parameters, the main types of floor fans are distinguished.
The classic model has a drive axis, which is located horizontally. A multi-blade wheel is installed on the axle. Older devices did not have protective devices on the propeller and could cause injury or break when touching objects. Modern models are equipped with a special frame for protection.
The stores sell floor fans from various manufacturers: Russian, Chinese, European, so buying a fan should be approached competently. On how to choose a fan for the house, there are some simple recommendations.
The size of the floor fan directly depends on the size of the room, which it will cool. For a small room, a small device is quite suitable; for a large one, it is necessary to purchase devices with large blades.
The top floor fans include low-cost models from the best manufacturers:
- Scarlett SC-1176. Rating 9.7 out of 10. An inexpensive model in the classic version for the home, quiet and reliable. Axial mechanism, mechanical control, three-speed mode, light, swivel mechanism, the ability to change the slope and height of 1.25 m. It has 3 blades, a protective grid, black or white. Power - 45 watts.
- Lumme LU-105. Rating 9.7 out of 10. A good inexpensive mechanically controlled fan, efficient and durable. It has 3 blades, 3 speeds, low noise level, height adjustment up to 1.25, turn by 90 degrees, color is black or white.
- VITEK VT-1909 CH. Rating 9.5 out of 10. A good budget model with remote control, high performance, 3 speeds, automatic timer, silent, with a rotator at 90 degrees, with a slight vertical tilt.
- SUPRA VS-1615R. Rating 9.8 out of 10. A good budget model for a house with a control panel, a turning mechanism, a three-speed mode, a timer, vertical adjustment up to 1.25 m, an interesting design.
- Maxwell MW-3508. Rating 9.7 out of 10. The model has an axial mechanism, a remote control, buttons, a blue backlit display, a control timer, 3-speed mode, a rotary device at 90 degrees, a radio, a beautiful design and a low price, it works quietly.
There are, of course, many more models that deserve attention, but, in the opinion of users, these are considered the best because of their simple assembly, the presence of many functions, the duration of operation and the low price.
Floor fans for indoor use are compact, with good appearance, noiseless and with maximum cooling, they are simply necessary during the summer period to make the conditions for staying in an apartment comfortable. Especially they are needed by people who, because of certain diseases, do not tolerate heat.