The bathroom is an important part of human dwelling, and therefore of human life. Of all the rooms in the apartment, the person most often visits the bathroom, so the well-being of the person, both moral and physical, depends on how comfortable the bathroom is. It is great if there is a spacious bathroom in the dwelling, but what if the room is not too large and it is difficult to place a full-fledged bath in it? In this case, a corner bath is useful.
Before proceeding to the question of how to install a corner bath, it is necessary to identify its main advantages and disadvantages:
- Modern corner baths, despite their design and size, make it possible to use them fully even to tall people.
- This bath is ergonomic. It does not take up extra space in the room, does not interfere with access to other plumbing and furniture items located in the same room.
- Corner bath in the interior of the bathroom looks very appropriate and organic;
- The interior of the bathroom with a corner bath looks modern and aesthetically pleasing.
- On the bath of this form, you can install all sorts of additional devices. For example, hydromassage: a corner hydromassage bath does not spoil the design of the entire room, but there is a lot of benefit from such a bath. In addition, you can set the backlight, audio system, shelves where you can store all kinds of detergents.
As for the minuses, then, perhaps, there is only one significant disadvantage: small corner baths may not seem too comfortable to use.
Unlike traditional baths, corner baths can be right and left. Because of this, the installation of the faucet and water drain is possible in different versions, because of which you can make a significant variety in the overall design of the bathroom.
Nowadays, trade establishments implement a wide variety of corner bath models. They can have the most different shape and size, they also differ in shape and depth of the bowl, they also have different service life. In terms of their design, corner bathrooms are the simplest, there are true works of art, the bowls of which are made in the form of petals, water droplets, fans, etc. In addition, popular models of two bowls are found on sale.
Symmetrical corner bath is more familiar. This is a bath of the correct configuration, without any stylistic delights. It is convenient and comfortable, creates in the room a feeling of something luxurious. Its main disadvantage is that it is difficult to install such a bath in the Khrushchev, where there is very little space.
Acrylic Corner Bath
Types of corner baths are also divided according to the materials from which they are made. Here the review should start with an acrylic configuration.
- Due to its thermoplasticity, acrylic can be used to make an angular bath of any shape, both symmetrical and asymmetrical. For the same reason, acrylic baths can be large, and may be quite small.
- Acrylic baths have a low weight, making them easy to transport and install.
- They have an aesthetic look. Water does not affect acrylic, it does not become dull and yellow over time. Acrylic bath is easy to maintain. Acrylic has the property not to absorb dirt, so the font should only be cleaned from time to time, and it does not require any other care.
- The main disadvantage of acrylic plumbing is its relatively low strength. It is even possible to accidentally drop a piece of soap into the bath, so that it copes with the weight of water and a person, it is recommended to combine it with a reinforcing frame or frame when installing.
The advantages of an acrylic bath are much more than disadvantages, and therefore an acrylic corner asymmetric bath is one of the most popular corner baths.
Corner steel tubs
The steel corner bath in terms of popularity takes second place after the acrylic bath.
- Steel is a material that is easily processed, so there are many types and shapes of steel corner baths on the market.
- A steel bath is relatively light, so it can be transported and installed alone.
- Due to their low weight and construction, steel structures are very unstable. When installing, they should be mounted in such a way that they simultaneously rest on three pillars (preferably, if they are walls) or on a reinforcement frame.
- Steel has the property of cooling rapidly, and therefore the water in the steel bath will also cool rapidly.
- The water in the steel bath flows with great noise. Especially if it is a small bathroom with a corner bath - in this case, the sound of water will be even more audible.
- A steel bath can last for a short time - a maximum of 15 years. Steel is in active contact with water, resulting in rust, which is very difficult to fight.
- Repair, and even more so to restore the metal bath is almost impossible, since it has too thin walls.
However, in order to temper the sound of pouring water, and at the same time not allow it to cool quickly, the bottom of the bath is processed with the help of foam or, alternatively, glued in with a vibration insulation.
Corner cast iron bath
Angular cast iron bath is currently difficult to find. Basically, they are made only on order - their cost is quite high (from 50 thousand rubles and above).
The cast-iron bath is durable: it can last for more than 50 years. During this time, it can crack and turn yellow, but these flaws can be easily eliminated by reconstruction.
Cast iron bath is very durable. The water in the cast iron bath can be hot for a very long time.
The special feature of the cast iron bath is that it is very heavy: it weighs from 150 to 180 kg, therefore, it is necessary to mount the cast iron bath on floors made of concrete.
Stone Corner Bath
In addition to these varieties, corner baths can also be made of stone. Recently, stone corner baths are becoming increasingly popular. And this is quite understandable. Stone gives the room a special charm.
Corner bath in the interior of the stone - it is stylish and modern. Along with this, a stone corner bath gives the room a classic look.
Such baths can be divided into two conditional subspecies. The first subspecies is an angular bath of artificial stone. The second subspecies is a construction made of marble. For obvious reasons, the cost of marble baths is much more expensive.
How to choose a corner bath
The choice of bath is influenced by several quite obvious conditions:
- The desire of the owner himself;
- Its financial viability;
- What kind of bath the owner prefers: acrylic, steel, cast iron, stone);
- The characteristics of the room in which the owner intends to install a corner bath (in particular, whether a large bathtub fits there or only a small one, which bathtub will look better in the interior - symmetrical or asymmetric, in what forms and styles should asymmetry be expressed, etc.).
Bath itself can be easily selected in the relevant catalogs, or directly in the store.