Handles for interior doors are not only controls on the entrance structure, but also significant accessories with a decorative load. Accessories are chosen in accordance with the requirements for the functionality of the device, the design of the door system and the overall interior styling.
Handle classification for interior doors
The device is classified by the following criteria:
- type of design - stationary handles, push, swivel, nobs;
- base form - rosette, strip;
- material - metal, wood, glass, plastic, stone.
To solve the problem of how to choose handles for interior doors, it is necessary to understand the functional features of accessories.
The design consists of two levers and a rod. When acting on the lever, the mechanism opens with a tongue. The device is particularly popular in the arrangement of modern interiors, as the latch handle for interior doors provides:
- comfortable operation - the mechanism is triggered when the lever is gently pressed. If your hands are busy, it is easy to influence the handle with your elbow and open the entrance to the room;
- full fixation of the door - the felted latch is opened only by pressing the lever handle.
Pressure handles for interior doors stand out the reliability of the design - the device fails much less frequently than other accessory analogies. The following advantages of accessories with a pressure mechanism are also noted: ease of use, noiselessness, ergonomics, and a wide range of products - among the current proposals it is easy to choose a pressure handle model that is respectable in all respects.
For interior decoration of entrance systems in the pretentious interiors of the classical style, models of refined design with characteristic curves are chosen. In the modern décor of techno or hi-tech, fittings with strict lines are appropriate, and handles for interior doors with rhinestones organically look good in baby-chic interior.
The disadvantages of the use of door accessory-lever include the fact that the handle can catch the bag, items of clothing or hurt when moving around the apartment, hit.
The handle is made in the form of a disk or a ball, provides for a locking mechanism with a latch tongue. Turning clockwise opens the latch, and the return spring provides the initial position of the mechanism when the action is stopped. Pivot door handles for interior doors are inferior in comfort to their counterparts with a pressure structure, since it is impossible to use, for example, an elbow to influence this type of handle if your hands are busy or your hands hurt.
Knob model - oval or round handles for interior doors with built-in locking clip. Unlike the rotary knob, which requires a minimum area for insertion, for nobs in the canvas it is necessary to cut a hole for the placement of the locking mechanism. Nobs are produced with a two-way keyhole, separate configurations are made with a plug or a latch on one side.
Advantages and disadvantages:
- rotary types of handles for interior doors and noby are considered the safest in operation. Fittings with ambient shapes are relevant in apartments where there are small fidget households, grandfathers and grandmothers who find it difficult to coordinate their own movements;
- It is easy to choose a model with a suitable design among the abundance of proposals. Product versions with transparent inserts, exclusive versions of fittings with rhinestones or other unusual solutions in the design of door systems provide additional comfort, emphasize the status of the room;
- the presence of the locking mechanism provides for a complete fixation of the canvas both from inside the room and from the corridor side;
- the shape of the arms of the knob and the usual swivel models is ergonomic, but if you cannot firmly grasp the door handle with your palm, you will hardly be able to turn it.
Another significant drawback of the design is the jamming of the mechanism during sudden movements.
There are two forms of the basis for the installation of interior door handles - in the form of sockets and slats.
The base for attachment is a round or square base, rarely found models of other geometries. Handles latches on the socket are universal, provide locking and decorative functions. The competitive advantage of models on the outlet point out the ability to easily pick up the locking mechanism.
Door handles on the bar, choose complete with a lock, as it is difficult to separately select the appropriate locking mechanism for this fitting. In some models, a slot is provided for installing an independent lock or lock. Accessories on the bar is designed to create additional protection against hacking, but such a primitive design is unlikely to become a serious barrier for intruders. In terms of functionality, the device on the bar is inferior to analogies on the outlet, but a number of models, in particular, stylized as antique, enjoy particular success.
Variety of material
Among the current offers of the market of door accessories are presented models of various materials, including traditional wood and metal samples, the original versions of the accessory made of glass and polymers.
Particularly popular accessories for interior doors of brass, bronze and copper, aluminum and steel, zinc and various alloys. Metal products attract wear resistance and respectable appearance. A separate part of the proposals of the middle segment has a coating of chromium and other compounds. The noble shine of bronze, brass and copper products is emphasized by the application of a protective layer.
The main disadvantage of metal handles is a cold surface. Low-cost models of alloys do not withstand intensive use, break, quickly lose their presentable appearance, if finished with low-quality coating.
The classic attribute of solid wood door systems, veneered canvases is a wood handle. The original design of wooden door handles is impressive in its variety - it is carving, inlays, inlay and other design options.