Comfortable conditions - the norm for modern man. When high-tech equipment, fashionable furniture, decor items are harmoniously combined, residents and guests of a comfortable home have a lot of positive emotions. But very often extraneous sounds interfere with this. Everything can be corrected with effective sound insulation.
Ways to protect the house from extraneous noise
- Full soundproofing in the apartment. Using this method, it is necessary to perform a whole range of expensive work on the finishing and insulation of all enclosing structures of the room: for walls, ceiling, floor, sewage facilities. Installing sound-proof materials reduces the volume of the house or apartment, so it is more advisable to use this method for spacious rooms.
- Partial insulation of the apartment, to ensure that is used suspended or false ceiling. With this method, the noise from the apartments of the upper floors is muffled, for which sound-absorbing plates are installed.
Sound insulation materials
Noise pollution becomes a problem. Noise enters the apartment from the street, from the neighbors. Given that the insulation of an apartment in a panel house is not of high quality, living in such an apartment becomes uncomfortable. Therefore, residents of apartment buildings solve the problem, using noise insulation. Sound insulation of an apartment in a panel house, block or brick is done using the following modern materials:
- Plasterboard sheets. They are used in combination with mineral wool, ecowool, cellulose insulation. This material well protects the room from noise and creates additional insulation of the walls and ceiling. The downside to the use of gypsum sheets is the difficulty in installation, the large dustiness of the room, reducing the area due to the thickness of the insulation.
- Decorative panels, with the help of which the insulation of the walls in the apartment. Modern materials of this variety are made from the fibers of coniferous trees and are wall panels that have grooves with spikes. With their help installation of a design is made. The only disadvantage is the high cost.
- Polyurethane plates, which have good sound insulation, protect the room from impact noise. This material is often used for finishing recording studios, it is light and easy to install, but has a high cost.
- Soundproofing membranes, which, due to their small thickness, are used in combination with other noise insulation materials. Easy to install due to flexibility. Have a high density that protects against noise. An example is the TEKSOUND sound absorbing membrane. They are based on aragonite. The disadvantages include high cost.
- Cork covering, which has a beautiful decorative look. It is mounted easily with the help of ordinary sticking. The coating is very thin. It has good sound insulation, but its quality is low.
- Sandwich panels are a simple construction: fiberglass enclosed between two sheets of plaster. Noise insulation ceiling in the apartment of this material is good. Installation is simple. The disadvantage is the large thickness of the panel, which reduces the volume of the room.
- Eco-tile, which is based on substances of volcanic origin. Easily attached with white glue, absorb sound of different frequencies, does not sag.
- Basalt wool with high noise absorption coefficient due to its special structure. An example is the sound-absorbing plate "Schumanet BM", "Acoustical batts." These materials are resistant to fire, rotting. But there are significant drawbacks: small particles and chemicals with an unpleasant smell are emitted.
- Mineral wool, which is the most common noise insulation material. In addition to its absorption, it helps to reduce heat loss, has easy installation and low cost.
Noise isolation in the apartment with his own hands - troublesome, but worthwhile. Many people prefer mineral wool as an insulator of sound, and not by chance. This soundproofing material has the highest level of noise absorption and low cost. And yet, the most common soundproofing material is drywall.
All surfaces should be isolated from noise: walls and floors, ceilings in the apartment, sockets, doors and windows, risers. In any case, it is not necessary to count on complete isolation of noise from neighbors, since the structures of panel houses do not have protection from extraneous noise.
How to make sound insulation in the apartment? It should start with minor details: pipes in the apartment, sockets, slots, communications, through which noise easily penetrates. Putty plastered all cracks on the walls. Pipes are wrapped with insulating material. The areas of their connection with the walls are well sealed with special sealants.
To get rid of the noise coming in through the outlet, the power supply is first turned off. Then the socket is dismantled together with the mounting box, a layer of noise insulation is laid. All this is sealed with plaster or cement mortar. When the surface dries, the socket is mounted.
Modern apartment buildings have very thin soundproofing walls. Installation work can be performed by any man alone, without the help of experts, as it is simple. Sound insulation of the walls in the apartment begins with the calculation of their size. This is necessary to purchase the right amount of materials.
Soundproofing a wall in an apartment does it yourself to make a solid construction made of metal or wood, which is attached to the wall. It is tightly screwed drywall. Material is inserted into the structure to absorb noise. First, the profile is attached to the walls. If they vibrate strongly, then vibration-absorbing material is laid between the walls and profiles.
Noise isolation of the walls in the apartment is done with the use of mineral wool. Laying should be done qualitatively, leaving no gaps. Next, the whole structure is sewn up with drywall, and the seams are puttied. The wall is ready for finishing work.
Soundproofing under the wallpaper
A simple solution to protect yourself from external noise is to use a substrate for wallpaper made of polyethylene foam. This is an environmentally friendly material with increased strength. It has antiseptic properties. With the help of the substrate under the wallpaper walls are aligned.
Such substrates for wallpaper are covered on both sides with a thin layer of paper, which increases the adhesion to the wall during sound insulation.
Sound insulation stretch ceiling
Such a ceiling in itself detains noise, since the air space between the stove and the canvas itself, from which the ceiling is made, reduces the spread of sound. The stretch ceiling has no metal frame rigidly connected to the ceiling. And this means that the sound will not propagate through its elements.
But this is not enough, we need a more powerful protection against noise. The person begins to think how to make sound insulation of the ceiling in the apartment. There are many solutions to this problem. One of them is the installation of insulation from excessive noise under a suspended or suspended ceiling.
Sound insulation of the ceiling in the apartment begins with the preparation of the base ceiling, for which seal all the damage is sealed, and a layer of primer is applied to prevent mold. Then markup is made for the profile. Each element is covered with self-adhesive tape, which isolates the sound. Wiring is placed in corrugated sleeves and fixed on the ceiling to eliminate sagging. Sound insulation of the stretch ceiling in the apartment can be done using frame or frameless methods. It depends on the type of sound insulator. But there is a general rule for all materials - the laying should be tight, and the sealing of the joints should be strong.
Soundproofing floor under the coupler
Noise insulation of the floor in the apartment under the screed begins with the removal of the old screed and cleaning the surface to the plates. After this, a new screed is poured. This takes into account the insulation materials that will separate the cement solution from the plates and from the walls of the room.
Sound insulation of sewer pipes
This question has become topical with the widespread use of plastic pipes, which are in many ways superior to cast iron, except for one thing - they are very loud. From the pipes the sound is transmitted to the room. This is due to the vibrations of their walls. Noise isolation pipes sewage in the apartment is done in order to dampen the vibration of the walls and eliminate the possibility of transmission of oscillations of pipes to the entire structure of a multi-storey building.
The front door to the apartment does not always save from the penetration of extraneous sounds. It must either be replaced or reconstructed, which is much cheaper. The simplest solution to the problem with extraneous sounds is the upholstery of doors with soundproofing materials.
For this most often used sintepon or izolon. Materials are laid in several layers on the door leaf, and then covered with artificial leather or leatherette. This will give the door a beautiful appearance, and most importantly - protects against noise penetration.