Currently, a washing machine is a necessary item in every home. That is why, when choosing it, one should pay attention to a number of important details, which can be used to determine whether a particular machine is suitable for a particular person. It is also important to know how to choose the right washing machine for specific needs.
Varieties of washing machines
There are three main types of washing machines in accordance with their mechanism of operation: automatic, semi-automatic and ultrasonic. The most common in the ranking is the first type due to its simplicity and ease of use.
Machines have software control, which greatly facilitates the work with them. Earlier and simple designs have a predetermined algorithm of actions, in accordance with which the washing is carried out. Modern modernized models are equipped with an automatic determinant of the required volume of water, temperature control and the number of revolutions during the spin cycle, as well as a device that measures the required amount of laundry detergent.
This type of construction is simpler and more convenient than vertical. In this type of washing machines there is a transparent hatch on the front side through which you can see the laundry process.
The outlet is sealed to prevent splashing of water. For this purpose, a special cuff is provided around it, which, if necessary, is replaced with a new one. The drum of such a washing machine is attached on one axis, which gives it the opportunity to rotate during washing.
Usually, machines with such architectural cost are higher, since their design is more complicated than the frontal one due to the presence of additional mounts and details.
This type of machine can create certain difficulties, since with the slightest defects in the structure, the apparatus can begin to tremble and move around the room during washing. During operation, it is also possible that the machine opens the doors accidentally. Sometimes this leads to serious malfunctions of the device.
Machines with frontal and vertical loading may vary in size of the device, depending on capacity and volume.
Front machine dimensions
Usually the frontal machines have a height of about 90 cm, and a width of 50-60 cm. There are also models with smaller dimensions, but usually their maximum load does not exceed 3 kg. Therefore, depending on the possible size of the machine, they are compact, ultra-narrow, narrow and full-sized (each of them can be embedded).
Full-size cars have standard dimensions 90x60x60 with loading up to 7 kg. Narrow vehicles have the same height and width, and the depth is much less than the standard - about 40 cm. The capacity of the machine is up to 5 kg. Ultra narrow machines differ in even lower depth - no more than 35 cm. Accordingly, the capacity of such a machine is up to 4 kg. The smallest machines in size are compact with dimensions of 70x45x50. Compact washing machines have a load of up to 3 kg of laundry at a time.
Smaller models are usually used with a lack of free space, space saving, or if the machine is built-in.
In conventional models, the drum capacity ranges from 3 kg to 7, but there are also individual models, the capacity of which reaches 10 kg.
There are 2 types of machine control:
When selecting the device, special attention should be paid to the washing modes available for the specific model. Usually the machine contains 16 modes of washing. This amount is optimal - the provision of additional modes is a marketing ploy and does not generally affect the quality of washing things.
It is desirable that the following washing modes be present:
- for cotton (warming up - 95 degrees);
- for colored linen with automatic or manual temperature setting;
- for cleaning delicate fabrics (hand wash at 30 degrees);
- for quick washing (accelerated process lasting half an hour).
If there are small children in the house, the washing mode of toys or children's things may be useful.
How to choose a washing machine in a particular case on the basis of the available washing modes should be determined based on the needs of a particular person.
Optionally, a reliable washing machine may contain a number of other functions. Based on the rating of frequency of use, these include:
- Fuzzy Logic (an intelligent system that selects the optimal wash mode on its own - the amount of water, powder, speed, temperature and mode);
- auto-balancing (distributes laundry in the manhole or drum so that it is evenly spaced to avoid vibration, unwanted movement of the machine and breakdowns);
- fault report (display of the error code, which can be found in the instructions for the device);
- easy ironing (the machine performs washing in a large amount of water, softening the spin cycle - this helps reduce bruising and wrinkling);
- delayed start (the time of the start of washing is set in advance, it is especially convenient for those who have different day and night traffic or high occupancy);
- additional rinsing (repeated washing of linen from traces of cleansing agents in the presence of allergic reactions to them);
- steam washing (washing of the increased quality with simultaneous disinfecting of linen);
- ALC system (adjustment of consumed resources depending on the type of washing volume);
- Aqua sensor (water transparency assessment system is required to predict the need for re-rinsing).
Additional parameters are selected depending on the wishes of the person and his goals.
Evaluation of the quality of the washing machine
In the attached instructions to the washing machine are its main significant characteristics: modes, power consumption, spin.
When spinning, the machine removes excess moisture from the product. Depending on how delicate the wash should be, the number of turns is adjusted. Also, this characteristic may reflect the quality of the machine as a whole. The greater the number of revolutions per minute, the better the machine will dry the product. The optimal number of revolutions is from 800 to 1000.
The choice of modes and speeds of the machine is determined by the composition of things for which the selected machine is intended.
Washer / dryer
Some machines completely dry the washed item. The function is quite convenient, but it has a number of shortcomings:
- the cost of the device;
- additional consumption of electrical energy for drying;
- the machine must be loaded no more than half.
This parameter is rarely used. Before you choose a washing machine with a dryer, you need to decide on its energy consumption and compatibility with household sockets to avoid fire.
For many, the most important question is which company should choose a washing machine to serve for a long time. Depending on the class of devices, there are several categories:
- low (Ariston, Samsung, LG - $ 200);
- medium (Bosch, Siemens, Electrolux - $ 400);
- high (Aeg, Miele - $ 800).
The higher the product class by rating, the higher the price set on it and the better the quality and the longer the warranty period (in luxury segments up to 20 years).
When deciding which washing machine to choose, you should pay attention to several determining factors: price, warranty period, specifications and reputation of the manufacturing company. The selection of the device is made on the basis of personal preferences and the needs of the choosing buyer. The selection of characteristics should be approached seriously, as improper use can lead to quick breakage. The question of what brand of washing machine to choose is important in the selection of the device: it all depends on the financial capabilities of the buyer, the desired properties and the expected warranty period.